They need to run radar on St. Andrews Church Road.

ltown81

To pull over all the people going 10 or more under the speed limit:burning:. Seems like every other time I drive down that road I stuck behind, or in a line of cars behind someone going 35-40 mph. I am not sure if the speed limit signs are big enough or what. Maybe for out of towners, they don't realize the two lane road is really a highway?

BOP

To pull over all the people going 10 or more under the speed limit:burning:. Seems like every other time I drive down that road I stuck behind, or in a line of cars behind someone going 35-40 mph. I am not sure if the speed limit signs are big enough or what. Maybe for out of towners, they don't realize the two lane road is really a highway?

I've seen life-long Countiers on this very forum declare that "235 is a street, not a highway," so I doubt it's just out-of-towners.

The speed limit is 50 on St Andrews Church Road, which is the named section of highway 4 from Leonardtown to Solomons.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
We have a large population of elderly drivers in the area and sometimes they drive a little slower than the rest of us like. Getting stuck behind someone doing 10 under the speed limit on St. Andrews all the way from 235 to 5 might add 5 minutes to the trip and while frustrating, the reality is it's just a few minutes.

Freaking out about something you have no control over will make you :crazy:

Last edited:

Get a grip! Might you be one of those out-of-towners who like to go 10MPH or over through residential neighborhoods?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We have a large population of elderly drivers in the area and sometimes they drive a little slower than the rest of us like. Getting stuck behind someone doing 10 under the speed limit on St. Andrews all the way from 235 to 5 might add 5 minutes to the trip and while frustrating, the reality is it's just a few minutes.

Who are you and how did you hack Aps' account??

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
...might add 5 minutes to the trip...

How right you are. Besides - the speed limit might be 50 but that doesn't mean you have to do 50. When I get behind someone driving below the speed limit - I just pace them and enjoy the ride. Honestly, what else can you do - get behind them flashing and blowing your horn - looking like a real xss!:killingme

I hate slow drivers :cds: and love to rip and burn along our scenic byways
... but it's only a 5 mile long stretch of 2 lane. Sometimes you get a slow poke in front of you :shrug:

I don't mind one slow poke in front of me. You sometimes get an opportunity to pass. It's the other cars piled up behind him that won't pass and don't leave room for you to do so. So anyone that is content to poke along, enjoy the ride, just stay back a bit.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

:yeahthat:

How right you are. Besides - the speed limit might be 50 but that doesn't mean you have to do 50. When I get behind someone driving below the speed limit - I just pace them and enjoy the ride. Honestly, what else can you do - get behind them flashing and blowing your horn - looking like a real xss!:killingme

:yeahthat:

I just chalk it up to God trying to let me know that wherever I'm going, it's not quite as important as I thought it was and perhaps He doesn't want me to be at a certain spot in a certain moment of time.

(can't tell you how many times this has happened and I've come up on an accident that I probably would have been involved in had I not been behind that slow driver.)

Just chill, and enjoy the scenery, especially now when the leaves are turning. It's a beautiful section of road to drive.

Last edited:

LadyCoyote

I thought (at first) this thread may be about SPEEDERS and the need for cops to run radar to catch them.

Asking the police to run radar to catch a few (possibly) older folks who are not making a particular driver happy because they are not driving fast enough for someone's expectations is....kind of callous and ridiculous. I think law enforcement professionals have better things to do then to run RADAR on slowpokes.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
So, I have to ask: Have you driven this road? Where are the wide, level shoulders wide enough to park and long enough from a curve to support radar? Oh. Never mind, I see you haven't thought this through. Try again?

:jerry:
I'd like it if they added MINIMUM to the top of every speed limit sign :lol:

I would like to see a "Please be courtious and pull over for a bit if you see lots of cars right behind you" sign. They should have time to read that right? That's what I do if I am carrying something I need to be careful with or towing a trailor.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
:jerry:

I would like to see a "Please be courtious and pull over for a bit if you see lots of cars right behind you" sign. They should have time to read that right? That's what I do if I am carrying something I need to be careful with or towing a trailor.

So, I have to ask: Have you driven this road? Where are the wide, level shoulders wide enough to park and long enough from a curve to support radar? Oh. Never mind, I see you haven't thought this through. Try again?

They can use any side road entrance. They don't need to be parked on the road side.

thurley42

HY;FR
I thought (at first) this thread may be about SPEEDERS and the need for cops to run radar to catch them.

Asking the police to run radar to catch a few (possibly) older folks who are not making a particular driver happy because they are not driving fast enough for someone's expectations is....kind of callous and ridiculous. I think law enforcement professionals have better things to do then to run RADAR on slowpokes.

It's just as Illegal to go ten under as it is ten over, and just as dangerous. You can be cited for impeding the flow of traffic.