They're back!

1stGenSMIB

Roger that. I saw the first one on my way home in Town Creek on Monday afternoon, while driving over the dang bridge. :)

NextJen

Raisin cane
So exciting!

I heard word that they are back at their nests on Rte. 6 near/headed toward Port Tobacco marina and at the Port Tobacco RV Resort. I am keeping watch on the Upper Marlboro nest near the courthouse and the other nest at Hills Bridge on Rte. 4.

I've tried to contact an organization to see if a structure could be built on the platform on top of the highway sign where the Hills Bridge Ospreys nest. There have been two instances over the last several years of their nest being destroyed or blown off after they have already had babies they were raising. Nobody has replied to me as of yet. It will be too late to do anything once they return.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Saw an Osprey in the nest on the Hill's Bridge highway sign (rte 4) yesterday afternoon. Hopefully their nest can withstand any storms this coming season.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Took a ride down your way this morning. Saw quite a few, some on nesting boxes, others hunting.

Saw a bunch of bluebirds too.
Saw a blue bird yesterday as well. Do see many of those. Also saw what I would call a kingfisher sitting on a power line yesterday. Can remember the last time I saw one of those.

mitzi

Of all places to have a nest, there is one on top of the pole with the fire dept. siren in Leonardtown. They must be deaf.