They've got me rooting for Sweden

stgislander

PREMO Member
“For us it really feels right to stand up for human rights,” said Swedish defender Amanda Ilestedt. “It was a communication with the U.S. team before, so for us it feels good to do that and it is something we stand for as a team.”
Except when it comes to the Muslim immigrants in Sweden right?

Reactions: BOP

gemma_rae

SamSpade

I have zero interest in the Olympics anymore.

Admittedly when I was a kid - it was the ONE international contest where the West, and the United States, could demonstrate their physical mastery OVER the Communist bloc - and China. We KNEW that the Russians and the Eastern Europeans had kids they'd trained from birth to do NOTHING but train for the Olympics - they were as close to paid professionals as you could get.

And our rank amateurs practicing in their backyards - beat them. It was exciting.

From Jesse Owens embarrassing the Third Reich to the Fosbury Flop, from Mark Spitz and Bruce Jenner to the Dream Team and the women's gymnastic team in Atlanta. It was all exciting.

It's lost so much of it, some of it over the same timeline. We skipped out on Moscow. THEY skipped out on LA.

I just don't care anymore. I actually thought it was already going on.

Cali Transplant

Have boat will travel

Admittedly when I was a kid - it was the ONE international contest where the West, and the United States, could demonstrate their physical mastery OVER the Communist bloc - and China. We KNEW that the Russians and the Eastern Europeans had kids they'd trained from birth to do NOTHING but train for the Olympics - they were as close to paid professionals as you could get.

And our rank amateurs practicing in their backyards - beat them. It was exciting.

From Jesse Owens embarrassing the Third Reich to the Fosbury Flop, from Mark Spitz and Bruce Jenner to the Dream Team and the women's gymnastic team in Atlanta. It was all exciting.

It's lost so much of it, some of it over the same timeline. We skipped out on Moscow. THEY skipped out on LA.

Don't forget Nadia Comăneci, the time when everyone was actually rooting for Romania!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I will miss watching some of it, but the 2021 Olympics won't be on my TV. And the Olympics is usually the only thing on my TV while they're playing.

Clem72

Kneeling at the Olympics . The Olympics isn't about Sport any more It's about politics.
Be a cold day in hell if they ever get a cent from me.

Why would you root for sweden, they also took a knee. That's worse than when our team does it because it's 100% SJW pandering, they don't have to worry about anyone burning their cities down if they get upset.

Hijinx

Why would you root for sweden, they also took a knee. That's worse than when our team does it because it's 100% SJW pandering, they don't have to worry about anyone burning their cities down if they get upset.

Well I admit it is a bit strange for Sweden to take a knee seeing as how crime and rapes have gone up so much since they started taking in Muslims and blacks, but I am really not rooting for Sweden as much as I am rooting against this slew of Lesbians and anti-American idiots we have playing for themselves and claiming to be playing for America.

mitzi

:yay: My thoughts too. I used to look so forward to watching. Even the sports I normally had no interest in. I remember eating crabs while waiting for Sugar Ray Leonard's fight to come on. I looked forward to it all day. I was looking forward to watching this year. But with all the political bullsh*t going on, I've lost interest. Every day it's something new and I get more fed up. Which is disappointing to me. I really wanted to enjoy watching this year. I may watch the gymnastics, but I think that will be it.