Things have been mighty slow around here!!

abbey

abbey normal
SouthernMdRocks said:
It's Thursday, any happenings for this upcoming weekend?? :howdy:

there is a mounted wanderers show at Oak Ridge, last one got rained out, so we are looking forward to this one.

abbey

abbey normal
SouthernMdRocks said:
Which day is it on and what time??

Its on Sunday, I don't know what time it starts because we usually don't go until after 1:00, all my daughters classes are at the end of the day, but I would think that it probably starts around 9 if not earlier

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
abbey said:
Its on Sunday, I don't know what time it starts because we usually don't go until after 1:00, all my daughters classes are at the end of the day, but I would think that it probably starts around 9 if not earlier

Thanks, not really knowing much about these shows, are they open or are they specific to that club?

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
we go around 3:00 pm just for the speed stuff. FUN...FUN!!!
It is an open show, everyone is welcome. See you there, Ill be spinning barrels on my app, and my daughter on her grey arab. :howdy:

abbey

abbey normal
persimmoncf said:
we go around 3:00 pm just for the speed stuff. FUN...FUN!!!
It is an open show, everyone is welcome. See you there, Ill be spinning barrels on my app, and my daughter on her grey arab. :howdy:

my daughter does the speed classes too, but one of the girls we ride with does some pleasure so we have to get there a bit earlier, my daughters horse is black, he is chunky and short, but seems to be able to hang in there with the taller horses, see ya there :howdy:

SouthernMdRocks

abbey said:
my daughter does the speed classes too, but one of the girls we ride with does some pleasure so we have to get there a bit earlier, my daughters horse is black, he is chunky and short, but seems to be able to hang in there with the taller horses, see ya there :howdy:

I'm hoping to go there just to scope things out with my kids. I was hoping to get them started this summer with the shows, but time is just on a roll. :jameo:

abbey

abbey normal
SouthernMdRocks said:
I'm hoping to go there just to scope things out with my kids. I was hoping to get them started this summer with the shows, but time is just on a roll. :jameo:

yes I think she would enjoy it, local shows are fun, you see a lot of people you know. When I was younger and barrel racing we went to petzold (sp) farm for shows, I loved them, and it was a lot of the same people every year, as a matter of fact one of the people I used to barrel race with is the mother of one of my daughters riding friends and now they are barrel racing together, its pretty cool, I hope you get to go I am sure you will have fun

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
abbey said:
yes I think she would enjoy it, local shows are fun, you see a lot of people you know. When I was younger and barrel racing we went to petzold (sp) farm for shows, I loved them, and it was a lot of the same people every year, as a matter of fact one of the people I used to barrel race with is the mother of one of my daughters riding friends and now they are barrel racing together, its pretty cool, I hope you get to go I am sure you will have fun

When you rode at Petzolds do you remember a bay paint pony named Bonnet or War Bonnet? She was one of their lesson ponys I believe.

fredsaid2

The classifieds have an ad for a Flat Iron Farm show this saturday beginning at 9am. So you have a weekend of shows!

abbey

abbey normal
HorseLady said:
When you rode at Petzolds do you remember a bay paint pony named Bonnet or War Bonnet? She was one of their lesson ponys I believe.

no, it has been about 20 years or so and I only attended the shows I didn't board or take lessons there, I was down the road from Petzolds at a farm called Kris-Tan farm.

SouthernMdRocks

abbey said:
there is a mounted wanderers show at Oak Ridge, last one got rained out, so we are looking forward to this one.

Well, I took the little one to the show yesterday, she had a blast!! Thanks again Busterduck for all your help :flowers: .

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
SouthernMdRocks said:
Well, I took the little one to the show yesterday, she had a blast!! Thanks again Busterduck for all your help :flowers: .

No problem. I was very proud of your little one. She did excellent!!!! :yay:

BrassieChic

abbey said:
no, it has been about 20 years or so and I only attended the shows I didn't board or take lessons there, I was down the road from Petzolds at a farm called Kris-Tan farm.

Loved Kris-Tan! Wonderful people! :howdy: