Things that never happened - LGB version

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Is it senility or is it bullshit? Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

“I have known every — every prime minister well since Golda Meir, including Golda Meir,” the Democrat said. “And during the Six-Day War, I had an opportunity to — she invited me to come over because I was going to be the liaison between she and the Egyptians about the Suez.

“And I sat in front of her desk,” he continued. “And she had a guy — her staff member — to my right. His name was Rabin. And she kept flipping those maps up and down. She had that bevy of maps — sort of kept it — and it was — it was so depressing what she was — about what happened. She gave me every detail.”

President Joe Biden attempted to illustrate his support for Israel by touting a supposed wartime meeting with former Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir during a time when he was in law school and the former PM had not yet been elected.

tell us another story grandpa

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I liked him better when he was hiding in the basement. It's depressing seeing a brain deteriorate like that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

In this framework, compulsive lying is the habit of telling falsehoods uncontrollably. People in this category may be more comfortable telling lies than telling the truth. They may lie repeatedly about important as well as unimportant matters.

<snip>

Some psychologists believe a person’s environment plays a large role in compulsive lying. A person may live in a context where deception creates advantages. If a community does not assign firm or consistent consequences for lying, a person may believe the benefits of lying outweigh the risks. Lies might also be a coping mechanism for low self-esteem or past trauma.

Joe, like Hillary Clinton, is a compulsive liar. He can't help himself. He will lie and has lied when he doesn't even have to, and the lies are so childish and easily disproved that it has to be some psychological thing.

That's our President* everyone - a psychologically damaged compulsive liar. Yay us.

glhs837

Power with Control
See, this "misremember" bull needs to stop. The details are clear, in his head anyway. Is there another war he might be confusing it with? Did he ever liase with her?

SamSpade

I'm still largely going with senility on these latest ones. TOTALLY fits the pattern.

Yeah, he tells whoppers. They got him more or less kicked out of the campaign back in '88, when he claimed things like marching in civil rights marches and graduating near the top of his class - not to mention a couple of outright plagiarisms.

But this is an actual event that he totally misremembers - not a Brian Williams totally made up story. (The article points to a memo documenting a much later event). My mom was this way OFTEN before she passed - my siblings and I would argue with her, because we thought she was just trying to change history about things she did or didn't do. Eventually we would look at each other when she would say these things, give each other a look that said "yeah, whatever, just don't say anything". Admittedly, since I wasn't around her during much of this time, I WOULD say, Mom, that didn't happen, or YES IT DID, I WAS THERE. And like anyone suffering mental deterioration - the reaction is never a humble "maybe you're right" but a seriously angry insistence on it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah, he tells whoppers. They got him more or less kicked out of the campaign back in '88, when he claimed things like marching in civil rights marches and graduating near the top of his class - not to mention a couple of outright plagiarisms.

Wouldn't this history point to him being a compulsive liar and not chalk it up to senility?

PeoplesElbow

Wouldn't this history point to him being a compulsive liar and not chalk it up to senility?
Since her stroke my mom will misremember and embellish things that happened. She hasn't worked since 1974 but recently started talking about it like she was there yesterday.

SamSpade

I'm not denying it. I just think THIS story is a case of him being a typical dementia sufferer. He DID meet her - but before the Yom Kippur War - in '73. And he was not the slightest bit SUPPORTIVE of Israel - quite the opposite.

I often wonder why, in this day and age, ANYONE would lie about something that is EASILY shown true or false. It's one thing when my mom claims she was at this performance for us, or was always home when we came home from school (and the kids ask then why did we have keys? And what was all that climbing through the basement window to get inside? And how did my sister manage to set the kitchen on fire - twice - if you were always home?) - but it's quite another for a politician to make up a story about world events.

It WAS true that back in the 80's and 90's - before the Internet - you could just make chit up and no one would be the wiser, although it does amaze me that they caught Biden red-handed back in '88 making up stuff.

gemma_rae

I remember one Christmas when I was on this island, Joe stormed ashore and shot a flying lion. Then some guy named Charlie wouldn't come out of his box, and I got shot in the face with jelly.

The fat guy in the sled was none too pleased about it!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I often wonder why, in this day and age, ANYONE would lie about something that is EASILY shown true or false.

Because they are compulsive liars. Why would Shrillary say she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary? Why would Brian Williams lie every time he opens his mouth? Why would Jayson Blair completely fabricate whole news stories? It's not dementia, unless dementia affects Democrats at an alarmingly early age.

Joe Biden clearly has cognitive issues, but he's been a compulsive liar for at least 40 years.

SamSpade

Because they are compulsive liars. Why would Shrillary say she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary?

While I find Hillary detestable - it's possible she was told this and never gave it another thought. Her name IS spelled differently from "Hilary", the 'normal' spelling. I was told that my great grandmother was an adopted Cherokee girl - but AncestryDNA says otherwise. Not a trace of Native American DNA, nor anyone else in my mother's family. I have a handful of fanciful stories - especially regarding my father's biological family which are proving to be less than true.

I think it's possible that Kamala actually BELIEVED the "fweedom" story until people scrutinized it.

I used to have a roommate who WAS a pathological liar - it was exasperating. He'd be seen on our back deck smoking a cigarette - and we'd ask him why he was smoking. I wasn't smoking. I JUST SAW YOU. No you didn't. You threw the cigarette into the back yard. No I didn't. THERE IT IS, STILL BURNING. Not mine. This kind of crap went on every day. I must admit, I've rarely met people like that - most people lie and embellish when it helps them. This guy would lie about anything you could think of.

What I have noticed is, it's hard for people who lie like that to get far in life, just as people who blame others for all their misfortunes tend to remain failures, because they've created a safety net for their failure - they've created a safe place so they never have to work hard for anything.

But politics - I've noticed that Democrats and liberals CAN get away with profuse lying, because the press will cover for them. Republicans can barely tell the TRUTH without someone trying to find a lie in it.

Grumpy

But politics - I've noticed that Democrats and liberals CAN get away with profuse lying, because the press will cover for them. Republicans can barely tell the TRUTH without someone trying to find a lie in it.

^That!!! :burning:

GregV814

November 22, 1963... I was on Route 66 with Martin Milner in a 62 vette . We stopped by a Starbucks to grab a cup of Joe. And a donut. I liked donuts and after Duncan Pfife taught me how to make them, he started making YoYo's and fine furniture. Over in the corner was a washed up musician reading Variety Magazine. I said, "hey buddy, why the long face"? He said he was a songwriter/lyricist looking for a hit. With the British Invasion upon the US of A, he said he had a chance to open for the Quarrymen. I grabbed a cheep napkin and knocked out a few piano riffs and walked out.

Henry Bouvier was his name , but I sent him a letter suggesting it was "too French" and suggested "Mancini". The hit??? Moon River on Route 66.

Thats how I remember it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While I find Hillary detestable - it's possible she was told this and never gave it another thought.

See, you're a nice person, which is why you have a hard time conceiving of the evil in people.

But I am here for you! :huggy:

If you were named after someone famous, wouldn't you want to know more about that person? I would. I'd be like, who is this person that my parents were such fans of that I was named after him? And just a brief bio would show her that at the time of her birth, Edmund Hilary was a navigator with the RAF who didn't even attempt Everest until she was 6 years old.

What I have noticed is, it's hard for people who lie like that to get far in life

See, and I find they frequently achieve great fame and success. One is sitting in the Oval Office right now. Another won a Pulitzer Prize for journalism. Yet another is a famous news anchor. And that's just those doofs - I could rattle off about a dozen more off the top of my head...without even bringing up those fibbers who want to debate the meaning of "is".

Liars and evil-doers rise to enormous heights and generate breathtaking wealth. Look at Jeffrey Epstein and Harvey Weinstein.

Yep. Which is why compulsive liars gravitate toward politics and the Democrat Party in particular - they can get away with it, and it's even rewarded.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Because they are compulsive liars. Why would Shrillary say she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary? Why would Brian Williams lie every time he opens his mouth? Why would Jayson Blair completely fabricate whole news stories? It's not dementia, unless dementia affects Democrats at an alarmingly early age.

Joe Biden clearly has cognitive issues, but he's been a compulsive liar for at least 40 years.
Back in my drinking days the better story that you told, the more drinks you were bought. Some were complete fabrications, but others had a grain of truth. The most improbable ones though were the 100% truth.