Think Fast - Favorite Christmas Movie

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It happened on fifth avenue, Don't know why it's a Christmas movie, but that's when they play it.

Toxick

Splat
They are NOT Christmas movies.

Die Hard is.

John McClane straps his hidden weapon to his back with garland from a Christmas Tree.
He writes Ho-Ho-Ho on a dead terrorists chest.
They are AT a Christmas Party when said terrorists attack.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow plays during the final credits.

That last one AUTOMATICALLY makes it a Christmas movie, if the other things weren't good enough reasons.

In my house, it is NOT the Christmas season until Chevy Chase asks where the Tylenol is, and Hans Gruber falls from the top of the Nakatomi Building.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I love the old classics, too:
  • It's A Wonderful Life (Jimmy Stewart)
  • White Christmas (Bing Crosby)
  • The Apartment (Jack Lemmon)
  • Meet Me In St. Louis (Judy Garland)
And comedies!
  • Scrooged (Bill Murray)
  • Bad Santa (Billy Bob Thorton)
  • Home Alone (Macaulay Culkin)

Last edited:

SailorGirl

Just had one with a double bourbon last f you were watching or even thinking
YES!! One of the best. We started to watch it Thanksgiving because my older sister has it on DVD.

When it broadcasts, they always cut out the TWO best songs - "Winter Was Warm" and "Alone in the World".
Both are outstanding songs in their own right - written by Jule Styne, who has written some famous classics and Oscar winners - "Three Coins in the Fountain", "People", "It's Been a Long, Long Time".
I'm glad you posted that - never paid any attention to what is merely background music to me. I'll be sure to listen for it now.

SailorGirl

I love the old classics, too:
  • It's A Wonderful Life (Jimmy Stewart)
  • White Christmas (Bing Crosby)
  • The Apartment (Jack Lemmon)
  • Meet Me In St. Louis (Judy Garland)
And comedies!
  • Scrooged (Bill Murray)
  • Bad Santa (Billy Bob Thorton)
  • Home Alone (Macaulay Culkin)
The Apartment and Meet Me in St. Louis are Christmas movies? The church scene in Home Alone always fills me up.

SailorGirl

Die Hard is.

John McClane straps his hidden weapon to his back with garland from a Christmas Tree.
He writes Ho-Ho-Ho on a dead terrorists chest.
They are AT a Christmas Party when said terrorists attack.

That last one AUTOMATICALLY makes it a Christmas movie, if the other things weren't good enough reasons.

In my house, it is NOT the Christmas season until Chevy Chase asks where the Tylenol is, and Hans Gruber falls from the top of the Nakatomi Building.
It's important to have traditions.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just had one with a double bourbon last night.
Damn. Now I'm gonna have to take the long trek all the way up 249 to Beacon and get some egg nog and some bourbon. I haven't bought this year's stock yet.

SamSpade

You realize that like a lot of songs people like to sing at Christmas - Let it Snow doesn't have anything to do with Christmas.
(Probably why I roll my eyes at the fuss over Baby It's Cold Outside - a song that really has nothing to do with Christmas - or winter, for that matter).

Even Jingle Bells was WRITTEN to be a Thanksgiving song.

SailorGirl

You realize that like a lot of songs people like to sing at Christmas - Let it Snow doesn't have anything to do with Christmas.
(Probably why I roll my eyes at the fuss over Baby It's Cold Outside - a song that really has nothing to do with Christmas - or winter, for that matter).

Even Jingle Bells was WRITTEN to be a Thanksgiving song.
I'll be damned - written by someone after a night of drinking.

SailorGirl

Damn. Now I'm gonna have to take the long trek all the way up 249 to Beacon and get some egg nog and some bourbon. I haven't bought this year's stock yet.
Put on your Christmas jammies and snuggle in for a Die Hard Christmas marathon with bourbon and eggnog. That's the spirit Gilligan!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Put on your Christmas jammies and snuggle in for a Die Hard Christmas marathon with bourbon and eggnog. That's the spirit Gilligan!
I was having a hard time getting in the spirit of the season...but that did it for me. Thanks!!! Nothing like the warm feeling that three double-bourbon egg nogs and sight of Gruber hurtling to his death will give ya. Can't help but jump up and scream at the TV :.."yeah!..and good riddance you rat bastard!!" Ahh..Christmas.

SailorGirl

I was having a hard time getting in the spirit of the season...but that did it for me. Thanks!!! Nothing like the warm feeling that three double-bourbon egg nogs and sight of Gruber hurtling to his death will give ya. Can't help but jump up and scream at the TV :.."yeah!..and good riddance you rat bastard!!" Ahh..Christmas.
Happy to help!