Think fast

SamSpade

oh geez I'm stupid, I know that one - didn't know that was the name, but listening to it now - French vanilla (I don't think that's the lyric) and Sir Duke.

mea culpa
I had a roomie who played the cornet and said some of the brass parts of that song were the hardest stuff he ever did.
Close second would have been "Superstition" (the BEST scream in any pop song) or "I Wish", especially the lead in.

And pretty much any song on "Songs in the Key of Life" which I had on - don't laugh - 8 track.

SailorGirl

I had a roomie who played the cornet and said some of the brass parts of that song were the hardest stuff he ever did.
Close second would have been "Superstition" (the BEST scream in any pop song) or "I Wish", especially the lead in.

And pretty much any song on "Songs in the Key of Life" which I had on - don't laugh - 8 track.

8 track!! I remember that - My favorite sax has to be Baker Street - God I loved that song and any brass in Bob Seger songs.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
PREMO Member
Golden lady
ABSOLUTELY. 100%. NO DOUBT. DO NOT PASS GO. The "gravity challenged person of feminine gender characteristics" has sung. The Valkyries have ridden. C'est le fin. Fini. Done.

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

8 track!! I remember that - My favorite sax has to be Baker Street - God I loved that song and any brass in Bob Seger songs.
I had a talk with my wife the other day - every once in a while, you hear a song for the FIRST time and immediately know - THIS song will be around a long time.

I can remember of course, both Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock You and thought - these songs are anthems that will never be forgotten.
Yep. I was right about THEM.
Another was "Sultans of Swing". I was sitting in my room listening to the FM station and they introduced Dire Straits and I said out loud - this is a future classic.
Yep.
Or the opening part of "Jump" by Van Halen. Or Joan Jett with "I Love Rock and Roll". Songs that will just - endure

But I had the same thought about the sax on Baker Street, thinking, this is another new classic.
Sadly - most people have forgotten that song, couldn't repeat a single word and don't remember the artist.
(Quick, no cheating - what was Gerry Rafferty's PREVIOUS group? And I only know this because the DJ said it the first time I heard this song).

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
We played it in marching band in high school. I was glad I played the flute but my brother played the trumpet. :poorbaby:

Not laughing. I had an 8-track stereo and a player in my car. Took me a long time to forget where the Boston song would break in the middle. :lol:

SamSpade

We played it in marching band in high school. I was glad I played the flute but my brother played the trumpet. :poorbaby:

Not laughing. I had an 8-track stereo and a player in my car. Took me a long time to forget where the Boston song would break in the middle. :lol:
Oh I hated that - to this day part of my brain STILL makes the "break" in songs like "Long Time" or on Leftoverture by Kansas, on "The Wall".

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Thriller..

Oh wait.. that's the artist that can't breathe, we're looking for the artist that can't SEE!!

My bad!