Think the Left doesn't want to wage war on Americans?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Constitution speaks of militia's.
I believe gun confiscation would make the formation of civilian militia's not only encouraged, but necessary.

.... And EVERY Militia member is going to need a TRUE military weapon.

I'm calling dibs on an M249.

PsyOps

Pixelated
He's the rub... no leftist communist democrat president dictator could ever get our military to cooperate in going after their own citizens. Sure, some (very few) might join in, but most will take sides with the people. We're not some third world band of people, destitute and desperate for saving who give up their freedom for a loaf a bread for their family. We love our freedom too much; especially those that took an oath to protect it.

Now, introduce a "Civilian National Security Force, that is just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded" as our military; people willing to do the bidding of a prospecting tyrant, who never took an oath to support and defend the constitution or the defend this country under that constitution... I think we'll keep our arms and see how that plays out.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Now, introduce a "Civilian National Security Force, that is just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded" as our military; people willing to do the bidding of a prospecting tyrant, who never took an oath to support and defend the constitution or the defend this country under that constitution... I think we'll keep our arms and see how that plays out.

The Magic Muslim was trying for that in the last 8.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If I may ...

Guerrilla warfare. Sure, our services have some pretty neat toys that can produce some fantastic devastation. But I don't think they would be using anything nuclear within CONUS. In addition, getting back to Guerrilla warfare. A well organized, hastily put together, militia, many militias, can do some serious damage and disruption, as well as severely lowering the moral of those uniformed service members. Now when I refer to, "A well organized, hastily put together, militia", I'm not talking about an already established force of like minded men. I'm referring to a call going out, being received by men that already have experience at war, and other passionate men that will fight for freedom, liberty, and the rights of all Americans, understand what is at stake, understand leadership hierarchy, and that will vote for, and accept, a leader with the experience, to formulate a plan with input from the body militia. If first, it were to be, "law enforcement", attempting to confiscate firearms from law abiding people? I'm pretty sure those in "law enforcement" would think that action over for a very long time before acting, knowing the mood of the millions of law abiding firearm owners. It would get nasty real quick, and, with pretty much no reinforcements, would be a very short excursion into how not to treat your fellow American neighbor.

And the one thing these wanna be dictators fail to realize is the old adage: How is it that the rabbit, always seems to get away from the wolf that is chasing it to fill its belly? Because the rabbit is running for its life. Now, sure, there may be wolves in government, and in the services, but there are millions and millions more of rabbits. Rabbits with the will, and firepower, to turn on the wolf, if necessary.
In order to man a militia the populace MUST be armed.

In order to be a successful, meaningful militia they should be armed with similar weapons as the military (spare parts, familiarity) that use the same ammo as the military (5.56 and 7.62) ensuring ease of finding ammunition to use in time of need.

These weapons should be prolific, affording the populace the chance to become familiar, and comfortable with firing it.

Population should be proficient with the same, ensuring if they can't get to their's they'll be just as good a shot with one they may pick up along the way.

This falls short of the true from of a militia.. requiring/ mandating every able bodied adult to possess a like weapon in the correct caliber, maintaining it in working order and good repair, to be kept proficient in it's use, and to possess a good amount of ammunition to support it in the time of need (usually 500 or more rounds minimum).

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I ma y ...

In order to man a militia the populace MUST be armed.

In order to be a successful, meaningful militia they should be armed with similar weapons as the military (spare parts, familiarity) that use the same ammo as the military (5.56 and 7.62) ensuring ease of finding ammunition to use in time of need.

These weapons should be prolific, affording the populace the chance to become familiar, and comfortable with firing it.

Population should be proficient with the same, ensuring if they can't get to their's they'll be just as good a shot with one they may pick up along the way.

This falls short of the true from of a militia.. requiring/ mandating every able bodied adult to possess a like weapon in the correct caliber, maintaining it in working order and good repair, to be kept proficient in it's use, and to possess a good amount of ammunition to support it in the time of need (usually 500 or more rounds minimum).
Quite right, and true, kinda, however ... the "true" body militia, is made up of men, of age, physically able, to protect and defend. There was no standing militia back in the day. Men were farmers, laborers, craftsmen, etc., until called upon to join/form a militia. Not everyone has arms. But then, not every militiaman in the 1700's had arms either. And not every able bodied man heeded the call, and joined up with a militia. But the needed arms were acquired, and any necessary training was accomplished for those men lacking. All one needs are arms chambered in NATO ammunition, 9mm, .40, .45, 5.56mm, 7.62mm ,12 gauge, and .50 for those with the means. Every type of round listed is massively available. Heck, 9MM Lugar Sellier & Bellot 115 Grain FMJ (1000 Rounds) can be had for $200, sometimes less. For 1000 rounds of SELLIER & BELLOT in .45 for under $275. It's not necessary to have similar weapons as the military, but definitely to have exact caliber ammunition arms.

It is still today, that the body militia, are the men of this Nation, regardless of training, or having in possession any arms. But stand at the ready, (except maybe the soy boys), to heed the call, and form an 'active' militia, if necessary. Until such time, these men go to work in their respective professions, care for and raise families, go on vacations, enjoy NASCAR, (though that may change soon enough), hunting, fishing, whatever and etc..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
no leftist communist democrat president dictator could ever get MOST our military to cooperate in going after their own citizens.

there will always be those who will .... depending on how the raids are presented

a few school shootings later .. a few doz dead children ...

hell look at ICE 5 separate attacks since AOC's Concentration Camp Comments ...... you will find Antifa types in LE and The Military

PsyOps

Pixelated
there will always be those who will .... depending on how the raids are presented

a few school shootings later .. a few doz dead children ...

hell look at ICE 5 separate attacks since AOC's Concentration Camp Comments ...... you will find Antifa types in LE and The Military

I'm not suggesting some wouldn't be willing to throw away their oath of office to overthrow our government, but they would be on their own, separate from the military. They would be outnumbered and out-armed by the citizenry. Our military, and it's commanders would never follow orders of a president that ordered them to go house-to-house confiscating firearms, dissolve the constitution, and support a dictator.

We will always have our little anti-American skirmishes and violence, but those people could be easily crushed by those that love this country, its representative government, and its constitution.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
If Twitter was a thing back in 1775:

And this (on a more serious note):

--- End of line (MCP)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I thought of this as well. Maybe it's been said it differently here, idk. If, they were to conduct door-to-door, or some similar operation, they would be coming fully armed themselves to do so. On its face, an extremely hostile act of aggression, to seize, legally owned and acquired, Constitutionally guaranteed arms. There is really only one answer to a situation like that, to meet force with force. Just as with a gang of thieves and murderers attempting to break in to one's home hell bent on stealing everything, then raping the wife and daughter, after killing everyone else, and them, when they are through. Doubt they would make it through the front door. Especially now since everyone is getting door and property cameras.