Thinking of investing in a few horses...

K

KerryAnn1

I am thinking about investing in some horses to train and sell. I have a few that I am looking at and I am very happy with the quality. The only problem is that I need a trainer/excerise rider to keep them up when I cannot ride them or work with them. Does anyone recommend someone of this nature to help with this. They are all of the hunter/jumper type and one will be a dressage horse. The person does not need to be a top rider, just someone that is able to ride young horses and be responsible to keep a schedule. Any ideas?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Good luck...with prices so low if you pay someone to ride you will NEVER make any money..not to put you down but I do some trading and selling myself...if you feed and ride you wont make a dime..you need to find a hardship case and buy and resell ASAP at a profit...again let us know how you do..

I like to have a horse less then 2 weeks and make at least $1K on it...you may have a better idea..but the longer you hold them the more you have into them and god forbid they get sick and you have a vet bill...or :dead: then you loose it all...

My advice is buy cheap and sell quick and dont get hurt or tie alot of money up into them..

What price range are you looking to sell in $1500-2500 or $3500 up...

Seems like the $5-10K horses always have a market..it is the lower price horse that is harder to move sometime..Remember we dont have a killer market right now...

fredsaid2

I think if you intend to market them as a hunter or a jumper you'll have to show them to get them seen. If you can do that you might have fun bringing them along but you'll have to hold onto them longer to build up a show record. I personally think there's little to no profit in horses unless you can do it the way Paso does or at the high levels where you'll need 'a name' to command the prices. You could always give it a try with one that would do dbl duty as your own horse and see how you do. Good Luck!

K

KerryAnn1

Thanks guys! I know that there is no money in horses. :) Just need a project-getting bored in the county...I bought my horse for 40K and after training/lessons/board he is a 80K horse! Too bad I'll NEVER sell him for 80K! Are we- horse people crazy?????

R

remaxrealtor

KerryAnn1 said:
Thanks guys! I know that there is no money in horses. :) Just need a project-getting bored in the county...I bought my horse for 40K and after training/lessons/board he is a 80K horse! Too bad I'll NEVER sell him for 80K! Are we- horse people crazy?????
Check your pm's!

K

KerryAnn1

I get a deal on buying 3 horses...and think that they are great! Fredsaid2- You're right about showing them- I will show them in March when the weather gets better. Might hold off until then.

fredsaid2

KerryAnn1 said:
Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wondered because of the '3 at a great price' statement :smile:

Keep us updated on the potential barn plans, people are always looking for places to board.

kidschihuahuas

Animal Lover
What area of town will you be looking? I have been looking for a horse to ride and lease. This may work out well as we both have a need and I am certainly a responsible person.

GallopNTec

kidschihuahuas said:
What area of town will you be looking? I have been looking for a horse to ride and lease. This may work out well as we both have a need and I am certainly a responsible person.
:howdy: don't know where you're located but Flat Iron in Great Mills has several lease horses available.
what are your lokking for?