Thirty minutes or less or it is free?

limblips

PREMO Member
I have never and don't intend to build one but I would like to watch a ghost gun being built in 30 minutes. Comments in parenthesis are mine.

"These are homemade guns built from a kit that includes directions on how to finish the firearm," he said of "ghost guns." "The parts have no serial numbers, so they show up at crime scenes, (guns that show up at crime scenes without serial numbers are not ghost guns, they are stolen with the serial numbers ground off) and they can't be traced. The buyers of these ghost gun kits aren't required to pass any background check. Anyone from a criminal to a terrorist could buy this kit and within 30 minutes have a weapon that is lethal. But no more." Seldom are criminals and terrorists well versed in machining. Where are the fact checkers now?

Reactions: BOP

rmorse

I have never and don't intend to build one but I would like to watch a ghost gun being built in 30 minutes. Comments in parenthesis are mine.

"These are homemade guns built from a kit that includes directions on how to finish the firearm," he said of "ghost guns." "The parts have no serial numbers, so they show up at crime scenes, (guns that show up at crime scenes without serial numbers are not ghost guns, they are stolen with the serial numbers ground off) and they can't be traced. The buyers of these ghost gun kits aren't required to pass any background check. Anyone from a criminal to a terrorist could buy this kit and within 30 minutes have a weapon that is lethal. But no more." Seldom are criminals and terrorists well versed in machining. Where are the fact checkers now?

You might be able to build it in 30 minutes and you don't need to be well versed in machining at all to do it. You can get a jig and use just a cordless drill and drill bit. It's pretty dummy proof with a jig.

That being said, I don't think it should be illegal. It's not really fixing an issue.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Having assembled some number of AR-based rifles built with 80% lowers, I'd estimate that a typical build takes at least 3 hours, including the machining of the lower. That time can be cut at least in half if you are using one of the purpose-built CNC machines that they sell for that one purpose (finishing 80% lowers).

But 30 minutes?....BS. Regardless, manufacturing your own firearms has always been legal and was fundamental to the establishment of this country too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why would they go to all that trouble when there are any number of gun runners who will happily hook them up?

All these doofs who were obsessed with Sons of Anarchy, and they took nothing away from it other than they want to bang Jax.

rmorse

Having assembled some number of AR-based rifles built with 80% lowers, I'd estimate that a typical build takes at least 3 hours, including the machining of the lower. That time can be cut at least in half if you are using one of the purpose-built CNC machines that they sell for that one purpose (finishing 80% lowers).

But 30 minutes?....BS. Regardless, manufacturing your own firearms has always been legal and was fundamental to the establishment of this country too.

Really? You don't think someone could get it down to 30 minutes? I'm not saying it's practical, I'm just playing semantics because there isn't a difference between 30 minutes and 3 hours when it comes to what they were trying to convey (that someone can build an "untraceable" firearm in little time).

And like you said....it's a moot point because it's always been legal and kinda goes hand in hand with being American.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Really? You don't think someone could get it down to 30 minutes? I'm not saying it's practical, I'm just playing semantics because there isn't a difference between 30 minutes and 3 hours when it comes to what they were trying to convey (that someone can build an "untraceable" firearm in little time).

And like you said....it's a moot point because it's always been legal and kinda goes hand in hand with being American.

If you own one of these, you'll be able to reduce the assembly time to the minimum possible. If you buy a fully assembled and tested upper to put on the lower...that's another time saver, of course.

https://ghostgunner.net/

Hijinx

I couldn't build one in 30 days. I don't know dick about machining.

Does anyone believe that any murder---any murder now--- was done with a ghost gun?
Was any school shooting or even any suicide done with a ghost gun. I would say no
In fact I would bet no for cash. Not much cash, I haven't got a lot, but I have never read of a Ghost gun that was used in a robbery, a shooting, a suicide or domestic issue.

I believe most guns used by Biden voters in Democrat cities are stolen guns.
Maybe the Congress should make a law against stealing guns. Is that possible?
maybe they should make another law against selling stolen guns. Is that possible?
How about a law saying a criminal guilty of a felony cannot won a gun. Is that possible?

Reactions: BOP

limblips

PREMO Member
According to some sources ghost guns have been used in shootings but you have to be careful with their numbers because many believe that any gun without a serial number is a ghost gun including those with removed serial numbers.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm sure the possibility exists there was one. Just as I'm sure but at least one murder was committed using a shoe. Or a screwdriver. Or a gas can. Or a cinderblock.…
I'd bet there have been a few crimes done with "Glocks" built from 80% lowers. I've seen and handled one....it was a complete POS and you could not hit any target at 25 feet. But then again...those gang bangers can't anything at 25 feet with a $1500 Sig or Kimber either...

black dog

Free America
I'd bet there have been a few crimes done with "Glocks" built from 80% lowers. I've seen and handled one....it was a complete POS and you could not hit any target at 25 feet. But then again...those gang bangers can't anything at 25 feet with a $1500 Sig or Kimber either...

Lets not forget that a Sig has swag no matter how one holds it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No, but I did see a 300 lb punchbowl mould knocked out by one in a matter of minutes.

Modern CNC machines can go so fast that the flex in the bits has to be accounted for.
We have a lot of our products produced on CNC machines. We have one CNC mill in our own shop too. Our titanium foils are machined in a center with an enclosure that is 10’ x 12’. Over 1 million dollars to buy that machine...

black dog

Free America
We have a lot of our products produced on CNC machines. We have one CNC mill in our own shop too. Our titanium foils are machined in a center with an enclosure that is 10’ x 12’. Over 1 million dollars to buy that machine...

I occasionally shoot with a few guys that work for Hurco at one club I belong to.
Two are engineers and one of the In house machinist. The machinist is always testing a nrw 1911 or AR he has built. Super interesting guys to talk with.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I occasionally shoot with a few guys that work for Hurco at one club I belong to.
Two are engineers and one of the In house machinist. The machinist is always testing a nrw 1911 or AR he has built. Super interesting guys to talk with.
You probably know where some of the shops we use are....Aerodyn, Mears Machine, Roark,..

black dog

Free America
You probably know where some of the shops we use are....Aerodyn, Mears Machine, Roark,..

The two I know of are on indys west side and Brownsburg. Do you use Triton for anything?
And who was it you know in Muncie? We had dinner last sat in Muncie at Amazing Joes, they have a good ribeye or a aged strip for 25 bucks. Next time in Muncie you should stop in, we love that place.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And who was it you know in Muncie? We had dinner last sat in Muncie at Amazing Joes, they have a good ribeye or a aged strip for 25 bucks. Next time in Muncie you should stop in, we love that place.
Tool Room Services...he's actually our local project management guy that work loads and monitors all those other outfits. His office/shop is colocated with his brothers machine and fab shop..the name of which eludes me at the moment. Last name is Dobbs.

Edit: Versatile Metal Works <---- the Muncie shop

Last edited: