Pete

Repete
Typical liberal,

You: Stupid
Them: Smart,

The accused: innocent
The establishment :bad

The case: Goobers went too far
Their case :VRWC to cover up that some Generals "Made" them do it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by cariblue
I don't have speakers! /B]
He says that someone must have put the guy up to this because he doubts if the guy could spell half the words in the letter, so someone else must have written it for him. He says, "I'll call you back later and you can tell me why you think you're such a great goddamn hero." Apparently the letter-writer just got back from Kosovo (enlisted guy).

So while we're talking about how stupid could someone be to take pics of naked Iraqis, a San Francisco congressman is leaving nastygrams on a soldier's VOICE MAIL, recorded for posterity!

:killingme

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
So while we're talking about how stupid could someone be to take pics of naked Iraqis, a San Francisco congressman is leaving nastygrams on a soldier's VOICE MAIL, recorded for posterity!

:killingme

Yep. You would think if nothing else, he would have learned from all of this that if you're going to do something stupid, don't have it recorded (either with visuals or audio)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SuperGrover
if you are going to say something stupid, dont record it!
Stupidity from politicians doesn't shock me anymore. What I found interesting is that he was very forthcoming in his opinion of his constituents and military personnel. But again, what do you expect from a Democrat?

B

Bruzilla

Perhaps a reality check is in order... much as I hate to come to the defense of a California Democrat. :barf: The letter writer is a Republican operative and politician who's run against the Congressman in question. They know each other quite well. I would agree with the complaints if this was a case of a congressman trashing an average constituent, but these guys have a long history and are well-acquainted with each other. To me this is more of a case of two people who know each other, and don't care much for one another, pi$$ing on each other's shoes. It's not a case of a congressman not respecting the view of a voter.

What I thought was bad was the Republican releasing the tape of a personal message from an old rival and making it out to be some out-of-the-blue call from a guy he doesn't know well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warron

I thought this whole story was funny when I found out the real details. Feeding the reactionaries seems to be a valid political tactic anymore. I definitely seems to work, just read the majority of the above posts.

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by Bruzilla
Perhaps a reality check is in order... much as I hate to come to the defense of a California Democrat. :barf: The letter writer is a Republican operative and politician who's run against the Congressman in question. They know each other quite well. I would agree with the complaints if this was a case of a congressman trashing an average constituent, but these guys have a long history and are well-acquainted with each other. To me this is more of a case of two people who know each other, and don't care much for one another, pi$$ing on each other's shoes. It's not a case of a congressman not respecting the view of a voter.

What I thought was bad was the Republican releasing the tape of a personal message from an old rival and making it out to be some out-of-the-blue call from a guy he doesn't know well.
Wow! How did you get that info? It wasn't mentioned in the link. When I did a search for Daniel L. Dow, it came up with election results, etc. I didn't see anything about him running against Stark though.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Warron
I thought this whole story was funny when I found out the real details. Feeding the reactionaries seems to be a valid political tactic anymore. It definitely seems to work, just read the majority of the above posts.

Excellent point. People are so willing to believe the worst about their political opponents. I'm waiting for some rabid partisan to Photoshop pictures of Bush or Kerry at a Satanic ritual, drinking the blood of infants or something.