This guy is a nut

Louise

Trump needs to fire his ass.

Husband and I were talking about this today. I have always thought Trump switched parties because he is a patriot (and saw what was happening while he was a Dem and hobnobbing), but now I am wondering what’s up. I want to believe he has a plan to stop the insanity.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The second derivative of the slope of the infection count curve has been approx zero for three days straight. That is an indication that the first key inflection point in the bell curve might have been reached or passed. Looking for a negative second derivative next. When that is clear, then we know the curve has bent and headed toward an apex..or peak. Still weeks out .

GregV814

Perhaps, that was the first of several bombs being sent from Beijing. Let Americans relax, and BAM, number 2,3,4 . I ain’t talking General Cho chicken

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The second derivative of the slope of the infection count curve has been approx zero for three days straight. That is an indication that the first key inflection point in the bell curve might have been reached or passed. Looking for a negative second derivative next. When that is clear, then we know the curve has bent and headed toward an apex..or peak. Still weeks out .
I'm glad there are people here that understand equations and numbers like this. :lol: I don't like anything but simple math and I don't have the inclination or time to delve into all of that. :yay:

Hijinx

I certainly intend to shake hands again.
This fellow is rapidly becoming a hero of the left.
Fact is it's time to open up again for business as usual, but Mr. Trump is going to catch hell when he does it.
All of the lefties will be saying the Dr. warned against it.

Clem72

Fact is it's time to open up again for business as usual, but Mr. Trump is going to catch hell when he does it.

Why would you say that? The fact is we started social distancing here in SOMD before we had more than a couple confirmed cases, and our population density isn't nearly as high as NY, so it's no wonder we haven't seen the hospitals overrun or large number of infected that they have. But if it can happen in NY, then it could happen in LA, DC/Baltimore, etc. And I live too close to DC to want them to go back to business as usual.

Scat

Trump needs to fire his ass.
If being a nut is the criterion, there’s a whole lot of firing to be done.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was just looking at hard-hit Spain..and their infection count curve is very close to peaking. They are several weeks ahead of us in this mess...so that's a good indicator that the break starting to show in our curve is going to indicate a similar trajectory. That would put our peak around end of April or early May.

Closer to my heart..I see that the infection count curve in Norway has definitely cleared the first key inflection point and headed toward an apex. I want to go visit my new granddaughter.. ;-(

Hijinx

Why would you say that? The fact is we started social distancing here in SOMD before we had more than a couple confirmed cases, and our population density isn't nearly as high as NY, so it's no wonder we haven't seen the hospitals overrun or large number of infected that they have. But if it can happen in NY, then it could happen in LA, DC/Baltimore, etc. And I live too close to DC to want them to go back to business as usual.

If we go back to business as usual it won't mean that you have to go out. You can make your own decision to stay at home.
Certainly when we go back the opportunity for the virus to be caught will be present, but how long can we stay in this present situation and not destroy what is left of our economy.
If you are frightened ---stay home.

Whenever it is decided to open up, we will probably see the rate increase, but at some point in time it has to be done.
IMO another 2 weeks and it's time.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I agree with this. If this is not lifted soon, there will be issues and we'll be at a crossroads. Either open it up and rely on the populace to maintain these new learned behaviors (minus the hoarding) or start enforcing the edicts from on high. Obviously the latter is the least desirable.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Can't remember what the web site was, but saw an article yesterday saying the exact same thing. The article then took it to the next level: that preferred outcomes are being imposed on the curve rather than the data curve driving the policy (even though we are being told the curve IS data-driven). The article made the point that there is no way the curve we're being shown reflects reality; that what we are being shown is just a modified bell curve.....

Okay, so perhaps Fauci needs to go. He is "that guy" Gutfeld is talking about on The Five as I type this: the single variable person who doesn't get the bigger picture. But there's a voice inside my head that says Trump has known this all along and has been using Fauci and Birx to serve his strategic purposes (in other words, "useful idiots" (though, to be fair, I don't have that negative of an opinion of either of them; it's just that they're single-issue SMEs)).

I also believe (or better to say, there's another voice in my head that believes) Trump is listening to other statistics-driven folks who may have been and are giving him the data that Gilligan speaks to and thus allowing him to both nod in agreement with Fauci/Birx AND say "end of April" (or sooner?).

Having said all of this, there is one bit of data missing (it's something Vrai has been addressing) and it's causing me to come over to her side. And that data is "other deaths." Without that data how can we compare COVID-19 to the other risks we face on a daily basis and face without shutting down the country? I was going to mention this point earlier, but forgot. This reminded me (even if I don't know yet if it's in fact true):
-

-
I don't think we will see our civil liberties eroded. But there are definitely folks who are showing their authoritarian bent. Though certainly on both sides of the aisle, the more numerous and most vocal seem to prefer blue than red.

Stay strong, my friends! We're almost there!

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

BOP

Stupid Hoyer is praying to Satan that it happens down here.

PeoplesElbow

If we go back to business as usual it won't mean that you have to go out. You can make your own decision to stay at home.
Certainly when we go back the opportunity for the virus to be caught will be present, but how long can we stay in this present situation and not destroy what is left of our economy.
If you are frightened ---stay home.

Whenever it is decided to open up, we will probably see the rate increase, but at some point in time it has to be done.
The last thing we want is it to flare back up and things to get closed again because the second time you can bet your ass it will be longer.

22AcaciaAve

Fauci isn't a nut. He is an infectious disease expert who has recommended the only thing he could given there is no immunity, no vaccine, and no miracle cure. Trump is the one who has to balance saving the economy with saving lives. Fauci is very popular with the public. If Trump fired him now he might as well start packing his things because his ass will get beaten in a landslide come November. If he opens the country up too soon and the virus starts to spike again, he will get roasted and will likely lose big as well. If he has to close it down again after re-opening it he will have wasted time and will be risking that the economy won't be coming back until after the election. His only real option is to play it safe, wait for the numbers to come nearly all the way down, and then open it back up. If he does that, the economy will start to come back just as the election season starts to heat up and he will be able to claim his actions saved lives. Make the wrong move, and the country will be staring at a democratic tidal wave come November.

Bann

PREMO Member
Fauci isn't a nut. He is an infectious disease expert who has recommended the only thing he could given there is no immunity, no vaccine, and no miracle cure. Trump is the one who has to balance saving the economy with saving lives. Fauci is very popular with the public. If Trump fired him now he might as well start packing his things because his ass will get beaten in a landslide come November. If he opens the country up too soon and the virus starts to spike again, he will get roasted and will likely lose big as well. If he has to close it down again after re-opening it he will have wasted time and will be risking that the economy won't be coming back until after the election. His only real option is to play it safe, wait for the numbers to come nearly all the way down, and then open it back up. If he does that, the economy will start to come back just as the election season starts to heat up and he will be able to claim his actions saved lives. Make the wrong move, and the country will be staring at a democratic tidal wave come November.

By whom, pray tell? Biden?! :killingme

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
By whom, pray tell? Biden?! :killingme
I think 22AA may be correct in that people may not be voting for Biden (or the Dem nominee) as much as voting against Trump. I know many think November will be a Trump landslide, but I'm not sure. Still too much up in the air and the American electorate can be fickle. One group whose vote is often difficult to predict is the "suburban White moms" cohort. It's this cohort that I think is a consideration for Trump handling COVID-19 as he is.

--- End of line (MCP)

Bann

PREMO Member
I think 22AA may be correct in that people may not be voting for Biden (or the Dem nominee) as much as voting against Trump. I know many think November will be a Trump landslide, but I'm not sure. Still too much up in the air and the American electorate can be fickle. One group whose vote is often difficult to predict is the "suburban White moms" cohort. It's this cohort that I think is a consideration for Trump handling COVID-19 as he is.

--- End of line (MCP)
I'm not altogether certain Biden will be around in Nov. He's so feeble.