This human wasn't finished.

seekeroftruth

Mark 7:31 Then Jesus left the vicinity of Tyre and went through Sidon, down to the Sea of Galilee and into the region of the Decapolis. 32 There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged Jesus to place his hand on him.
33 After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears. Then he spit and touched the man’s tongue. 34 He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, “Ephphatha!” (which means “Be opened!”). 35 At this, the man’s ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly.
36 Jesus commanded them not to tell anyone. But the more he did so, the more they kept talking about it. 37 People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.”
I think you've read; I make dolls. As I write this, I have a new type of doll sitting on the floor waiting to be finished. He was made from a white sheet.... and he's my first sculpted doll. I don't know why I call him he.... he just looks like a he. He has bright eyes because I embroidered them on my Brother ES600, but his hand sculpted mouth and nose are white as that sheet. His hands and feet need to be sculpted too. He's not done but someone would like him the way he is. I could put him in the bin for the next sale. I'm going through all this, because I got the impression, this human wasn't finished.

Jesus put his fingers in the man's ears. There's a little membrane in the ear.... maybe it needed a final adjustment. And spit on the tongue might be a little godly aspiration. I've learned that humans who hear better generally speak better. So that's what makes me think, this human wasn't finished.

Now why would God put an unfinished human on earth? After all God is perfect. Yep, He is! But humans are not perfect. God knew this man's friends would insist that he see Jesus. God can read the future and God knew this would be a great way for His Son to do perform a minor miracle [finishing the human] and show off how well He does everything. That's what makes me think, this human wasn't finished.

The problem I have with this passage is the fact this guy didn't do as instructed. He used that voice to do precisely what Jesus instructed him not to do. He told people... and they told people.... and they told people.... and once again.... Jesus had to leave the area because the crowds were always following His every move. I'm really surprised He found a way to take the deaf & dumb guy away from the crowd. One of the deaf & dumb guys buddies must have supplied a quiet place.
I'm pretty sure the deaf & dumb guy never stopped telling everyone how he could not hear or speak but Jesus made him whole. As word spread more humans wanted a miracle. Jesus would soon have nowhere to walk without someone grabbing at Him.

This human wasn't finished.

:coffee: