This is a dumb question

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What do you keep your thermostat set on in the winter?

Mine is at 65, and it's somewhat cool in the house, but my bedroom upstairs is quite toasty. I hate to set it higher because then the bedroom will be like an oven. Larry programmed the thermostat so that it's warmer during the day, then cools down at night, but then every time I went upstairs for something it was like walking into a sauna. :dead:

Just meandering while my dinner is cooking....

PsyOps

Pixelated

Mine is at 65, and it's somewhat cool in the house, but my bedroom upstairs is quite toasty. I hate to set it higher because then the bedroom will be like an oven. Larry programmed the thermostat so that it's warmer during the day, then cools down at night, but then every time I went upstairs for something it was like walking into a sauna. :dead:

You're cooking dinner at 9:50pm?

I hate it cold. We keep ours at 71 and that's even too cold for me but I want to keep the electric bill reasonable.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
70 when we are home. During the day I think it is set at 63 or something cause we aren't home. Then at 8:30 p.m. it turns back down and then goes up at 4:00 a.m. so we have warmth when we are getting ready for work. If he ever leaves me, I'll freeze to death or bake.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When I am gone, 65. When home, 68. At the moment, the furnace doesn't kick on because I have a huge fire burning in the fire place.

J

JustinB

Crack a window, close a vent, wear more clothes down stairs than you do upstairs

BlueBird

67 here. We control the temp upsatirs and down stairs by keeping the upstairs vents closed. It works well enough.

I like it cold in the roo so I can get all wrapped up under the blankets.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
67 here. We control the temp upsatirs and down stairs by keeping the upstairs vents closed. It works well enough.

I like it cold in the roo so I can get all wrapped up under the blankets.

I wish I had a roo to snuggle in. Is that like the pouch on the front of a kanga?

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
76 or bust.

:popcorn:

I

Inkpen

Heat rises.....basic physics.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
One story house. Set at 68 degrees for the times I'm most likely home and 62 for all other times. Oil heat is quite expensive now. :ohwell:

lbreder

2into4
We have a keroscene (sp) heater in our house. We live in a one story and just running it for a few hours keeps the house at 77-80 for the rest of the evening.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Depends on who just walked by the thermostat control. FB, 74. Me, off.

Baby daddy and I use to have thermostat wars too. Never argued over it but if I walked by I'd hit it up to the high 70s and when he walked by he'd knock it back to the low 60s. Same with the a/c in the summer. I'd get yelled at then though, for turning it off.

I keep ours at about 70 all day and night. We have a great room and typically have a fire going in the evening with the boys bedroom doors open. We walk into our room and it's an icebox but by morning it's roasting, even too warm for me.