This is a real question about toilet paper

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm seeing people - people I know, not just internet randos - that are now desperate for toilet paper. We've been screwed up for what, a little over a week now?

Who doesn't keep enough toilet paper around for more than a week?

Seriously, I'd get down to a four pack and would go buy another just to have it. And it was just me in the house. When I had kids and a nogood around, we never got below 8 rolls. One thing you never want to run out of is toilet paper (and coffee). So fess up - how many of you play Russian roulette with the TP supply?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We started this mess with plenty. Have not tried to buy any since the panic buying started some weeks ago. I guess we could run out eventually if stocks do not show up in stores within a couple more weeks.

we are fine for now but are going through it faster than normal with all of us being home all day
I think that is the key. We know our estimates needed based on normal schedules. One or two butts can be any easy adjustment to the guesstimate, but the more butts added...

limblips

PREMO Member
Because we are old, we never remember to look before we go to BJ's or how much we have so we almost always pick up another megapackage. We aren't hoarding, we are just forgetful!

mitzi

Seriously, I'd get down to a four pack and would go buy another just to have it.

I always did the same but that's not the case now. I was planning to go shopping the day the school closings were announced, the mad rush at the stores and everything was emptied. I had 3 rolls then. I was down to 1 roll yesterday and none to be found.

The only thing I would 'get-as-needed' was milk, because it can spoil. Everything else, I have ample supplies on hand. In the case of TP, I took lessons from our Mentor, BSGal. Once every few months, I'd get a coupon for BJs and get a bundle. Before the start of this 'crisis', I had 3 x 36 roll pacs in storage, plus another 6-8 rolls in each of 3 bathrooms, and discovered about 6 more rolls in my camping supplies. And I always carry an extra roll in the truck, just because....

Last edited:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Toilet paper? We don't need no stinkin' toilet paper....

--- End of line (MCP)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Seriously, I'd get down to a four pack and would go buy another just to have it. And it was just me in the house.
Same. I'm down to 6 of the extra large rolls (Charmin). I think we'll be okay for another couple of weeks.

Hijinx

Haven't bought any during the big tissue rush, and have plenty for a couple of more weeks after that we may be in trouble.

Toxick

Splat

Someone who generally lives alone, and works and therefore has an empty house for 75% of the time, but suddenly is working at home, and has 2 adult-sized kids spending their sudden school-less existence at their house, and by the time they realized they needed extra supplies, those supplies have been scooped up by ridiculous panicky sheep-people who should be sterilized and probably euthanized.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Got enough now and will steal from work as needed if TP is still not available each week I go to the store

baxter

Just had two teeth pulled and haven't had any use for toilet paper in a week, soft foods, no coffee, no carbonated drinks, no alcohol. So, usually its captain and coke or ginger ale, now its straight captain through a straw, limited quantities of course. I hate the Dentist, and here is why:
I call the dentist and tell them my tooth is killing me, I get an appointment same day. I am given a referral to an oral surgeon, tooth must come out asap. emergency. Both referrals are to oral surgeons, one wont see me until June, the other, the Doc is out of town for the next week. My dentist gives me 14 pain pills to get me through, along with antibiotics. I call every oral surgeon and dentist within a 200 mile radius. NO one will help me, I am in agonizing pain about to shoot someone. I call my dentist back, and explain o him after five days I cant find an oral surgeon and am out of meds, dentist tells me we gave you two consults and cant give you anymore meds, My blood is now boiling. My Ex dentist is located on the corner of rte 235 and airport view DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm seeing people - people I know, not just internet randos - that are now desperate for toilet paper. We've been screwed up for what, a little over a week now?

Seriously, I'd get down to a four pack and would go buy another just to have it. And it was just me in the house. When I had kids and a nogood around, we never got below 8 rolls. One thing you never want to run out of is toilet paper (and coffee). So fess up - how many of you play Russian roulette with the TP supply?
RARELY do I run out. I had 12 rolls last time I took inventory. But I have 3 bathrooms, so I keep them each stocked.

I buy 12 at a time, thought. when I get down to 4 - I buy another 12pk.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I just received a case of eco friendly toilet paper. $4 per package

Facebook-Georges-House-of-Flowers-1-e1583869909922.jpg

WingsOfGold

We always bought some for a stockpile only because of our remoteness. We have 50 rolls but the way she uses it we might have to resort to leaves in a few days.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Just had two teeth pulled and haven't had any use for toilet paper in a week, soft foods, no coffee, no carbonated drinks, no alcohol. So, usually its captain and coke or ginger ale, now its straight captain through a straw, limited quantities of course. I hate the Dentist, and here is why:
I call the dentist and tell them my tooth is killing me, I get an appointment same day. I am given a referral to an oral surgeon, tooth must come out asap. emergency. Both referrals are to oral surgeons, one wont see me until June, the other, the Doc is out of town for the next week. My dentist gives me 14 pain pills to get me through, along with antibiotics. I call every oral surgeon and dentist within a 200 mile radius. NO one will help me, I am in agonizing pain about to shoot someone. I call my dentist back, and explain o him after five days I cant find an oral surgeon and am out of meds, dentist tells me we gave you two consults and cant give you anymore meds, My blood is now boiling. My Ex dentist is located on the corner of rte 235 and airport view DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since when can't a dentist pull a tooth?