This is chilling

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I heard this on the news yesterday while driving to Lubbock. It's pretty alarming stuff, and yet I can't find it in any of the major news sources.

The premise is that you can wear a device that reads your mind and acts on your thoughts, just like you've seen in old sci-fi movies. There's a big problem with that alone, but obviously the device would also be able to control your thoughts and actions as well. Perhaps all the screaming progs we see are test cases......that would explain a lot.

Currently they're right there with it: they are working on a device that you will wear in some form - whether externally or internally - and it will read your mind. I expect that description to be tweaked for marketing purposes to make it something people want. Along the lines of, "Give us money and send us your DNA and we'll do your ancestry!" I think we all realize that was just a ploy to get people to put their DNA on file, which we not only fell for but we pay to do it.

I expect this "wearable mind reader/controller" will be marketed the same way. "Give us some money and you'll never have to verbally or manually communicate again!" Because, of course, very few people would respond if they said, "Let us implant this device in you so we can monitor your thoughts." But if it's sold as a cool new gadget and you have to pay for it, hell, the bots will be lining up.

This should be a major news story....but it's not. Wonder why? Even if the tech isn't there yet, the fact that one of our biggest social controllers wants to develop it should be a big deal.

transporter

I heard this on the news yesterday while driving to Lubbock. It's pretty alarming stuff, and yet I can't find it in any of the major news sources.

The premise is that you can wear a device that reads your mind and acts on your thoughts, just like you've seen in old sci-fi movies. There's a big problem with that alone, but obviously the device would also be able to control your thoughts and actions as well. Perhaps all the screaming progs we see are test cases......that would explain a lot.

Currently they're right there with it: they are working on a device that you will wear in some form - whether externally or internally - and it will read your mind. I expect that description to be tweaked for marketing purposes to make it something people want. Along the lines of, "Give us money and send us your DNA and we'll do your ancestry!" I think we all realize that was just a ploy to get people to put their DNA on file, which we not only fell for but we pay to do it.

I expect this "wearable mind reader/controller" will be marketed the same way. "Give us some money and you'll never have to verbally or manually communicate again!" Because, of course, very few people would respond if they said, "Let us implant this device in you so we can monitor your thoughts." But if it's sold as a cool new gadget and you have to pay for it, hell, the bots will be lining up.

This should be a major news story....but it's not. Wonder why? Even if the tech isn't there yet, the fact that one of our biggest social controllers wants to develop it should be a big deal.

Gee...why isn't it major news? Maybe because it isn't news? This type of tech has been a goal since sfi-fi was first written

https://money.cnn.com/2014/07/10/technology/innovationnation/google-glass-mindrdr/index.html (that article is from 5 years ago)

SamSpade

There's been a LOT of technology designed to respond to mental impulses - such as computer mice that can follow your brain, or prosthetics that respond to brain impulses. But most of the "mind-reading" is arrived at empirically. For instance, you don't think to the mouse "move up" - you learn how to control it by trial and error.

I doubt we will ever be able to "read minds" with machines - at best we can guess moods. Part of it is, we now know that thoughts aren't stored as discrete items they way we store data in a computer, and the "data" stored in your brain is rather imprecise. Try to imagine a thousand jigsaw puzzles all mixed together and you have to "read" one of them while it falls into a pile - and some it is missing and other pieces have changed. I'm amazed we can think at all, frankly.

Every mind-reading device yet concocted forces you to use your OWN "data retrieval" mechanism to use it. So I don't think we can invent devices that can "decrypt" it.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
And yet you remember a time before the internet and the smartphone...smh.

And cars were supposed to be driving themselves by now, now that may never happen.

You’ll be long dead and gone before this mind “control” technology is ever a possibility, stop freaking out.

black dog

Free America
Yeah, I'll Skype my Mom on my phone and remind her that Dick Tracy two-way radios won't ever be possible in her lifetime.

A young man that works for me talks into his watch all day, when working next to him you keep thinking he is talking to you.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Yeah, I'll Skype my Mom on my phone and remind her that Dick Tracy two-way radios won't ever be possible in her lifetime.
Your mother likely saw us go from having a stagecoach to landing a person on the moon.

But mind control isn’t in the cards, too complex.

black dog

Free America
Your mother likely saw us go from having a stagecoach to landing a person on the moon.

Yeah right, because they used an Easy Button to get men on the Moon.
You ****ing Millennials....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Right, because figuring out how to fly to the moon and get back safely isn't complex at all....

Ever hear of something called MKUltra?