This is exciting!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I can hear the howls coming from DU already. :lol:

It is interesting they are predicting one million new jobs will be created next year, but the unemployment rate will only go down slightly. How does that work?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by jazz lady
I can hear the howls coming from DU already. :lol:

It is interesting they are predicting one million new jobs will be created next year, but the unemployment rate will only go down slightly. How does that work?

The unemployment rate doesn't include people like housewife-types, teenagers who've never worked, people who've quit their jobs and don't have another and a category I think they call "discouraged" workers. Those are people who have been unemployed so long, they've given up looking and have dropped off the unemployment rolls.

A lot of these people will enter/reenter the work force when jobs get created.

SamSpade

Which means, for Bush to lose the election, Iraq has to remain in tatters. If things get better in Iraq, there's no issue to kick him in the butt over.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by SamSpade
Which means, for Bush to lose the election, Iraq has to remain in tatters. If things get better in Iraq, there's no issue to kick him in the butt over.

If Howard Dean is the best the Dems can put up, Reagan could win the election again. :rolleyes:

BuddyLee

Football addict
dumbass

Originally posted by SamSpade

theres an issue HES A DUMBASS!!!!

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Re: dumbass

Originally posted by BuddyLee
theres an issue HES A DUMBASS!!!!

Hasn't that been the Democrat platform thus far? Vote for me because I'm not him? Now THERE's a positive vision for our country's future. I'm so inspired. :rolleyes: