This Is Just Sad

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Pet owner sues American Airlines over dog's death

SAN FRANCISCO - A pet owner sued American Airlines on Wednesday after his English bulldog died following a cross-country flight.

Terrence Ing, 29, claims airline employees refused to provide a veterinarian and other care after the dog became sick. He is seeking unspecified damages.

Willie, died within hours of the flight touching down, and it seems the airline didn't do much to get the animal some help. :ohwell:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Penn said:
Pet owner sues American Airlines over dog's death

SAN FRANCISCO - A pet owner sued American Airlines on Wednesday after his English bulldog died following a cross-country flight.

Terrence Ing, 29, claims airline employees refused to provide a veterinarian and other care after the dog became sick. He is seeking unspecified damages.

Willie, died within hours of the flight touching down, and it seems the airline didn't do much to get the animal some help. :ohwell:

That's just plain f'd up :smack:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You'd think they could have done something.

They said there'd be help on the way in a few minutes, but apparently, they never called a vet.

I hope he nails them.:smack:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I'd like to know what he's asking for. If I was on that jury, I'd probably give him $10K in damages, plus $100K in punitive damages.

If he's asking for millions, he doesn't deserve a dime. That would just show he's trying to get rich, not caring about his dog. Forgive me for being a little cynical, but I've been caught up in a frivolous lawsuit that is likely to go on for the next five years.

If his accusations are true, American royally screewed the pooch.

Last edited:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
teverheart2002 said:
This is the reason that I refuse to fly my pets.
It scares me too. I can't imagine there are many safeguards or policies in place to protect the animals. It kills me to leave the dog home in his crate for more than a couple hours at a time, I could never have him locked up in the bottom of some plane. :frown:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Nickel said:
It scares me too. I can't imagine there are many safeguards or policies in place to protect the animals. It kills me to leave the dog home in his crate for more than a couple hours at a time, I could never have him locked up in the bottom of some plane. :frown:
It's really a shame, but I guess the guy couldn't bring the pup on board as carry
on luggage.

He had no choice, I'm guessing.

But still, something in that hold affected that dog terribly I'd imagine. The thing that gets me is that the employees on the ground lied to him, saying help was on the way, and it wasn't.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Penn said:
The thing that gets me is that the employees on the ground lied to him, saying help was on the way, and it wasn't.

Whatever killed the dog may have been natural. If they had turned the dog over to the owner, they could be off the hook. Their refusal is what makes me think they are guilty.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
MMDad said:
Whatever killed the dog may have been natural. If they had turned the dog over to the owner, they could be off the hook. Their refusal is what makes me think they are guilty.
Right again.

They didn't CYA. Now they look guilty as hell. :yay: