This Is NOT How Adults Have An Intelligent Policy Discussion/Debate

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Take at look at this 1-minute video.

Framing everything as a matter of life and death is hyperbolic; not at all how adults have an intelligent policy discussion/debate. But, as we've come to see (over and over again), adults don't seem to be the Dems' core constituency.

Link: "THE DEMS’ APOCALYPSE PRIMARY"

Update: Added this....

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I find their chronic hysteria mongering tedious. They've been crying wolf for generations and it's just amazing that people still fall for it.

Hijinx

They sell this crap to democrats, because republicans do not buy it.
They scare the piss out of the snowflakes.

I can tell you that cancer and automobile accidents will kill more people in 12 years than climate change will.

glhs837

Power with Control
A Jewish friend of mine took great pleasure in pointing out how Nancy kicked Pence out of his office in the House. I pojnted out in return that this sort of tit for tat was counterproductive. That the sort of thing above, painting your opponent as evil makes it easier to take extreme action against them....... I could see his brain working it for a moment...... I told him we need to cheer actions that bring the parties together, not the ones that drive the wedge farther......

SamSpade

I find their chronic hysteria mongering tedious. They've been crying wolf for generations and it's just amazing that people still fall for it.

It's why the young are always Democrats - they haven't seen it a dozen times before.

Reactions: BOP

BOP

Each succeeding generation thinks they're going to re-invent the wheel. I saw it years ago when I went to work for the government. Legacy builders (whose names would be lost to history almost before their offices were packed up) would announce the Next Big Thing, and some old-timer would say "oh, yeah, that's a re-branding of this other Next Big Thing they tried to implement almost 20 years ago. Back then, they called it This Brand New Thing, but it's the same thing with a new paint job." Then they'd go on to detail the similarities and why it would fail with remarkable accuracy (or not so remarkable when you remembered they'd seen it at least once before), and sure enough....

It didn't stop the Powers That Be from a) not listening, and b) from hyping the hell out of it, so there's that. They did manage to change the NAVAIR logo from the Wings to the Lazy Man Sleeping (which I haven't seen in years). That's something, I guess.

Chris0nllyn

This has been going on since the 80s and 'The War' on Drugs

Exactly. BOTH sides do it because they are politicians and politicians wants you/them to make irrational emotional actions.

Juts look at New Zealand as the most recent example.