Honestly, I don't really care what you do. Saran wrap your house for all I care. I know what I see on a daily basis, and I know that people die every day in this country and always have. If you want to believe that nobody ever died until COVID came along, you go right ahead.So many excellent, non-idiotic points from this forum’s genius, non-idiot master.
While I completely agree with you — and TP and all other like minded non-idiots — on these points, just to play devil’s advocate, if I may...
1) Sheeple who buy into this would likely point out that referring to this virus as a “con” clearly questions the severity of the virus. I don’t know too many of these brain dead sheeple who claim we deplorable question it’s existence.
2) these sheeple would also bring up what happened in Italy a few months back as well as recent and ongoing spikes in cases and rising death rates in our own country. They would do this to point out that comparing this virus and it’s impact to the flu is idiotic (well, again, in these dumb sheeple’s view).
3) these sheeple would point out that the severity and difficulty in responding to this pandemic would be present and acknowledged no matter who was in office (they might even bring up their support of our own republican governor’s handling of Covid, demonstrating that responding to a pandemic is not political).
4) they would also point out that while sensationalized and left-leaning news stories will of course focus on emotional cases, death tolls and trump’s incoherent strategies / communications, that this does not address the point that responding to and managing this pandemic is challenging and needed. Declaring it to be “a non issue” or a “con” is irresponsible, they would say.
5) These sheeple would also point out the many many examples of the GOP being ones to simultaneously politicize this pandemic and bitch and moan that it’s being politicized (honest sheeple would concede that members of the Democratic Party similarly politicize this, too).
6) in short they would provide arguments and evidence indicating that your response above is an embarrassing, idiotic straw man.
But that’s those stupid sheeple! I’m with you Vrai, team “not idiot/let the virus spread as rapidly as we can because it’s no more dangerous than the flu!”
#3, in particular, is laughable because there are few Governors who've used COVID to further their own power like Larry Hogan has. I'm not a Republican, so I don't have to stick up for him and I can call him what he is.