This Is Scary Stuff

rpgreene

Because I knew nothing about it. And if I did, I would not have participated virtually- I’m old school - attend in person, shake hands, make myself known, talk one on one with those who matter before and after the forum.
Cuz you are a big fing puzzy all talk living in your parents basement punk.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
“We need your input,” Commissioner President Randy Guy[R] said just before closing the public hearing. “It’s an important part of our deliberation and our decision making.”

You'll know next election, babe.

DaSDGuy

Cuz you are a big fing puzzy all talk living in your parents basement punk.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So now we have an internet bully named Mr No Hygiene
I'm with the OP, I never heard about and frankly I would be more inclined to go in person.
When they said "evening" was it like 7 or 8 PM. Because that's about when my free time starts.
I think the virtual SMCPS hearing on Back to School is at 1600. I'm still at work.

Jurgo

When will people learn that it doesn’t matter what your background, family status, employment status, or current residence is?

If you characterize our current Covid situation as a “con job,” then you get it.

TP could be a horrible family man with a stupid overrated farm in Virgina, or he could be the complete opposite as SG and others claim. It doesn’t matter. He understands the truth about this “pandemic,” and that’s all you need to know.

I heard from some family in Florida the other day and a distant cousin was all crying because her 60 year old hubby had just died “of Covid related health complications.” TP a— and every other forumite who shares our understanding of the truth — would have responded just as I did: “Cry me a river you stupid blubbering cow; this Covid crap is no big deal.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I heard from some family in Florida the other day and a distant cousin was all crying because her 60 year old hubby had just died “of Covid related health complications.” TP a— and every other forumite who shares our understanding of the truth — would have responded just as I did: “Cry me a river you stupid blubbering cow; this Covid crap is no big deal.”

:rolleyes:

The point being made is so simple and logical, yet so many can't seem to grasp it and must swing wide with hyperbole to align with their media masters.

Nobody is denying that the virus exists and people die from it. The point is that people die every day of one thing or another. We don't shut down the country for heart disease or cancer or seasonal flu or anything else that kills people every day because Democrats don't care about those people - there's no political hay to be made.

We've never spent our lives mourning the 6700 people who die every single day in this country, yet we are supposed to throw ourselves on the floor with grief over every single COVID death and completely alter our lives over them. That's ridiculous and we only do it because the media tells us to.

If Hillary had won in 2016, we'd have barely heard of this virus. People would have still died, but we wouldn't have had the newsbots using it for political purposes. They'd have treated it like swine flu and bird flu and ebola and every other bug out there. But because it's Trump, suddenly every single death is a catastrophe and we must have a national freak out.

That's the truth.

Jurgo

:rolleyes:

Nobody is denying that the virus exists and people die from it. The point is that people die every day of one thing or another. We don't shut down the country for heart disease or cancer or seasonal flu or anything else that kills people every day because Democrats don't care about those people - there's no political hay to be made.

We've never spent our lives mourning the 6700 people who die every single day in this country, yet we are supposed to throw ourselves on the floor with grief over every single COVID death and completely alter our lives over them. That's ridiculous and we only do it because the media tells us to.

If Hillary had won in 2016, we'd have barely heard of this virus.

That's the truth.

So many excellent, non-idiotic points from this forum’s genius, non-idiot master.

While I completely agree with you — and TP and all other like minded non-idiots — on these points, just to play devil’s advocate, if I may...

1) Sheeple who buy into this would likely point out that referring to this virus as a “con” clearly questions the severity of the virus. I don’t know too many of these brain dead sheeple who claim we deplorable question it’s existence.

2) these sheeple would also bring up what happened in Italy a few months back as well as recent and ongoing spikes in cases and rising death rates in our own country. They would do this to point out that comparing this virus and it’s impact to the flu is idiotic (well, again, in these dumb sheeple’s view).

3) these sheeple would point out that the severity and difficulty in responding to this pandemic would be present and acknowledged no matter who was in office (they might even bring up their support of our own republican governor’s handling of Covid, demonstrating that responding to a pandemic is not political).

4) they would also point out that while sensationalized and left-leaning news stories will of course focus on emotional cases, death tolls and trump’s incoherent strategies / communications, that this does not address the point that responding to and managing this pandemic is challenging and needed. Declaring it to be “a non issue” or a “con” is irresponsible, they would say.

5) These sheeple would also point out the many many examples of the GOP being ones to simultaneously politicize this pandemic and bitch and moan that it’s being politicized (honest sheeple would concede that members of the Democratic Party similarly politicize this, too).

6) in short they would provide arguments and evidence indicating that your response above is an embarrassing, idiotic straw man.

But that’s those stupid sheeple! I’m with you Vrai, team “not idiot/let the virus spread as rapidly as we can because it’s no more dangerous than the flu!”