This Is Scary Stuff

Jurgo

Dan Crenshaw posted real numbers now no hospital was over 80% capacity.

I hope this is accurate, and I will gladly look myself. Just asking: are these current capacity percentages or is he claiming that hospitals were never above 80% capacity? Does his claim exclude ICUs? I hate to sound nit picky, but my spidey sense tells me these technicalities might matter. Thanks for the info, though!

Edit: after googling “Crenshaw Covid” this came up: https://theintercept.com/2020/07/17/houston-doctors-dan-crenshaw-disinformation-coronavirus/. Admittedly I am unfamiliar with this outlet, the interceptor, so I am not putting this out there as definitive proof this Crenshaw character is full of sh*t. Just more food for thought is all!

Jurgo

Dude, I think I would really enjoy beers with you, we will either strangle each other or become best buds.

Actually, I was wondering the same thing. Anyone who posts those cool looking fish recipes is a default bad ass in my book. Glad I haven’t annoyed you beyond reason. *cheers

Jurgo

If I may ...

To slit your own throat? Severing both carotid arteries? Bleeding out on the floor of your mother's basement? One can only wish.

You were amazing tonight, sweetie. The way you wriggled and squealed while gently rocking back and lovingly sliding forward, beautiful. I’ll pick up some soothing cream tomorrow.

Louise

You were amazing tonight, sweetie. The way you wriggled and squealed while gently rocking back and lovingly sliding forward, beautiful. I’ll pick up some soothing cream tomorrow.

You are disgusting. As in, I have read/been a member of this forum since 2011. No one has ever posted such disgusting stuff as you do. Get a life, or something. Sheesh. Are you a pedophile by any chance? And, you chose an avatar that was already in use. Did anyone ever call you a loser? I don’t think LR is playing games.

Last edited:

Jurgo

You are disgusting. As in, I have read/been a member of this forum since 2011. No one has ever posted such disgusting stuff as you do. Get a life, or something. Sheesh. Are you a pedofile by any chance? And, you chose an avatar that was already in use. Did anyone ever call you a loser?

1. As far as I know no one is a “pedofile,” but perhaps you meant to use a “ph” instead of an “f?” Assuming you did, I am relieved to tell you I am not — only if LR’s been lying about his age this whole time!!!!!!!!!!

2. I have been called a loser multiple times by many different types of people, yes. Why do you ask, hon?

3. I sincerely regret any distastefulness that has compromised your experience on these forums, and I apologize just like GURPS did to me earlier).

4. If you carefully examine the words used in my post none of them in and of themselves are explicit. (I even used sweet words like “loving.”) I am a bit shocked that your mind used these simple words to paint a vivid image you found repulsive. Have you explored any of your own repressed desires, fantasies or curiosities that seem to be lurking within? I am happy to recommend therapists :)

5. I will not attempt to insult you by comparing your pearl-necklace-clutching post to that of an overly sensitive snowflake whose feelings were hurt and now needs a safe space. Know that I hold you in my heart with love and wish you the best.

Edit: it’s also best, given your sensitivities, if you refrained from googling “pearl necklace.”

Louise

1. As far as I know no one is a “pedofile,” but perhaps you meant to use a “ph” instead of an “f?” Assuming you did, I am relieved to tell you I am not — only if LR’s been lying about his age this whole time!!!!!!!!!!

2. I have been called a loser multiple times by many different types of people, yes. Why do you ask, hon?

3. I sincerely regret any distastefulness that has compromised your experience on these forums, and I apologize just like GURPS did to me earlier).

4. If you carefully examine the words used in my post none of them in and of themselves are explicit. (I even used sweet words like “loving.”) I am a bit shocked that your mind used these simple words to paint a vivid image you found repulsive. Have you explored any of your own repressed desires, fantasies or curiosities that seem to be lurking within? I am happy to recommend therapists :)

5. I will not attempt to insult you by comparing your pearl-necklace-clutching post to that of an overly sensitive snowflake whose feelings were hurt and now needs a safe space. Know that I hold you in my heart with love and wish you the best.

Edit: it’s also best, given your sensitivities, if you refrained from googling “pearl necklace.”

I have my grandmother’s pearl necklace, but have never worn it. If you think I am a pearl clutcher, you have not been paying attention. :roflmao: Thanks for the late nite laugh! I do have a bullet necklace. It is the new fashion wave.

Jurgo

Hey GURPS et al,

You may be interested in this news:

Skip past the annoying blathering intro and jump right to the 0:46 mark where our boy Trump is talking. He mentions that having a convention in Florida right now during a “flare up” is a bad idea.

He agrees with both you and me that this virus can flare up and create unsafe places! This comes straight from our man’s mouth, so you now have to accept it as true.

And you know what that means, don’t you sugar lumps???? If Covid can have convention-altering flare ups... then.... say it with me now, pumpkin... then it is different / harder to deal with than the standard flu!!!!!!!!

So glad we are on the same page. This virus is not equivalent to the standard flu. Okay. Whew. Now get your ferociously sweet ass in that kitchen and make me a sammich.

Jurgo

I have my grandmother’s pearl necklace, but have never worn it. If you think I am a pearl clutcher, you have not been paying attention. :roflmao: Thanks for the late nite laugh!

So glad you did not do a relatively deep google dive on the “pearl necklace” phrase (cosmopolitan has an result that seventually shows up, and you’ll want to avoid it), otherwise you would not have talked about holding your grandmother’s pearl necklace... always happy to oblige ma’am.

Louise

So glad you did not do a relatively deep google dive on the “pearl necklace” phrase (cosmopolitan has an result that seventually shows up, and you’ll want to avoid it), otherwise you would not have talked about holding your grandmother’s pearl necklace... always happy to oblige ma’am.

You are extremely creepy. Thanks for the convo. Bye bye.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He agrees with both you and me that this virus can flare up and create unsafe places! This comes straight from our man’s mouth, so you now have to accept it as true.

No Sapidus, No I do not .... And that is NOT What Trump Said

And you know what that means, don’t you sugar lumps???? If Covid can have convention-altering flare ups ... then .... say it with me now, pumpkin ... then it is different / harder to deal with than the standard flu!!!!!!!!

I said Fatal ......

Last edited:

Jurgo

If I may ...

No Sapidus, No I do not .... And that is NOT What Trump Said.

I said Fatal ......

Here is a direct quote from our dear leader:

“I looked at my team, and I said the timing for this event is not right, just not right with what’s happened recently. The flare-up in Florida to have a big convention is not the right time.”
- President Donald Trump

This absolutely confirms what was plainly obvious even before: this virus is NOT the same as the common flu.

“Flare-ups” of the common flu (a phrase we don’t usually use in the first place) do not cause folks to reschedule conventions.

This virus is more problematic than the common flu.

So glad we see eye to eye on this. Now, seriously buttercup, get your monstrously delicious ass into the kitchen and make me my sammich!

Edit: also, someone want to break it to the sweatiest, most ticklish love of my life, LR that Trump acknowledges both the existence and more-problematic nature of Covid? I think it’ll break his little heart. We might also want to get vrai’s non-idiotic take on Trump correcting her impression that this virus is no different than the common flu.

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
This thread went off the rails and into the ravine. Quickly.

Back to my original post, let me try to explain myself better.

I have been more involved, if not the most involved, in politics at all levels of government than anyone on this forum. Normally I am a "we" person, but let me be an "I" person for a bit.

Since I was about 24 years old, about 25+ years now, I have taken part in our democratic process, mainly from an ag point of view. At the county level, I have participated in commissioner meetings and given my opinions and advice both in person and in the written word. I have been appointed to local commissions and advisory groups and taken the roles seriously, giving it 110%. I organized a peaceful demonstration at the governmental center because of a comment made by one of the planning commission members, where we had 25+ farmers drive their tractors & combines to Leonardtown with more than 50+ farmers packing the P&Z meeting room. Our voice was heard. I have called and written to county commissioners along with attending public forums and budget hearings to have my voice heard.

At the state level, I have been to Annapolis and testified before legislative committees. I have met with our elected representatives and hosted them on my farm. I have been to many social gatherings and meetings with state elected representatives making sure my voice was heard. I was involved in a 2 year leadership program where we traveled around the state and across the Atlantic to talk about political issues affecting us all. All of this done on my own time.

At the federal level, I have been to Washington DC many times and walked the halls of Congress to meet with my elected representatives and their staff to have my voice heard. I have been on trade missions overseas to talk with foreign leaders and government officials advocating for American farmers. I have hosted international delegations and federal officials on my farm. All of this to have my voice heard.

So when I read that congress critters are not coming to Washington to vote in person, or County Commissioners hold a "virtual" public forum not advertised and has no participation by the public, or that millions of people can vote by mail without showing up person to prove they are alive, I get scared. Our government was formed by the people, for the people. WE THE PEOPLE MUST BE HEARD!

Scary times I say.