This is the end of my presidency. I’m f*cked

TCROW

According to notes written by Hunt, when Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm ****ed." The President became angry and lambasted the Attorney General for his decision to recuse from the investigation, stating, "How could you let this happen, Jeff?" The President said the position of Attorney General was his most important appointment and that sessions had "let [him] down," contrasting him to Eric Holder and Robert Kennedy. Sessions recalled that the President said to him, "you were supposed to protect me," or words to that effect. The President returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, "Everyon tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me."

:lmao:

glhs837

Power with Control
So Trump didnt like the idea of an investigator mucking about? Thats the big bad thing? Really. Ever worked in a place where inspectors were a regular thing? Inspections slow the work, even if your stuff is spotless. So him not wanting to deal with that doesnt mean squat.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Given how things usually work when a dirty investigation gains traction and allies seem few and enemies many (and especially at the start of a brand spanking new administration), I would say (heaven forbid, if I found myself in Trump's position) the exact same thing.

What would you expect him to say? "Oh, joy! A Special investigator!" You (the OP) yourself posted that Trump said, "Everyon [sic] tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me."

So his criticism of Sessions was clearly correct. Sessions' performance is not something I would want from my wingman. Would any of you? Sessions' job was to protect the President as a by-product of him (Sessions) doing his job properly; in this case ending this entire shameful Dem-planned/sponsored/initiated/coordinated sham before it got started. It was a national cancer that gained momentum because of Sessions' incompetence. Had Sessions had game this entire farce would never have gotten started. But he didn't.

But you know what? As noted above, it didn't happen; Trump is still my President.

And even more wonderfully, he is still your MFing President, you sod and shite-eating #NeverTrumpers and anti-Trumpers. Why is he still your, mine, and our President? Because Trump is a fighter. And - going back in time a bit - IF Trump IS a pussy grabber, THEN I'm all in on that too because it means he's not the pussy. He's a scrapper, fighter, and not beholden to the DC turds. Maybe beholden to him(self) and his, but not to The Swamp.

And this is why I voted for him. And will do so again. And I suspect I'm not alone in this assessment.

To the "all of you (who know who you are)": ESAD.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

BOP

According to notes written by Hunt, when Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm ****ed." The President became angry and lambasted the Attorney General for his decision to recuse from the investigation, stating, "How could you let this happen, Jeff?" The President said the position of Attorney General was his most important appointment and that sessions had "let [him] down," contrasting him to Eric Holder and Robert Kennedy. Sessions recalled that the President said to him, "you were supposed to protect me," or words to that effect. The President returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, "Everyon tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me."

:lmao:
What television series is that from?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

According to notes written .....
Uh huh. Sure. Unless there is video, total BS, made up, make believe. They, you, really expect us to believe, that Trump, who has never ever given an inkling of being a pussy, would have been worried or given a sh-t about this whole fiasco? You are hilarious.