This is what's annoying me today

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whenever I buy mini cucumbers they go bad in like 5 minutes. Regular cukes will last 3 or so days, but the small ones go rotten overnight. I just opened up the pack I bought yesterday, that were beautiful when I chose them, and they were slimy and decomposing.

I don't understand why this is. You'd think they'd rot at the same rate as the regular size, but they don't. And one day I'm going to learn to stop buying them in the first place.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Your folks must be proud of the person that you've become.

That’s it, right there. The fact that trans responds in a negative way because of a complaint by vrai about a vegetable, says it all. That is all I need to know. God bless, America.

Edit: I have tried them all...minis, regular, and hot house, and you go with a decision. You have to go with a decision, and never know how your decision turns out. I see the correlation. Trans is beyond the beyond. Unbelievable. I think trans is hiding in that safe space, right now. Who knew a cucumber complaint was political? :killingme: Maybe, trans needs more colors, a teddy, blanky, or something. Poor baby.

Again, safe travels. Thanks for the tour of our beloved country.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Ah...this must be a familiar refrain for you. Do you repeat it every morning when you wake up and every evening before you go to bed?

Well Doggies,,,,, thank god for Grams, otherwise you would be homeless and hungry.......

Vrai, so glad you brought this up. I too have the same results. I prefer the crispness and taste of the minis, but find their shelf life incredibly short. I have given it considerable thought and conclude the thin texture of the baby cukes vulnerable.

luvmygdaughters

Not sure about this, but, I have been told to remove the vegetables from the plastic container, when you get them home, it helps preserve them. Like I said, not sure if that is true or not.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I had the same results! :jameo: So I then started buying the single English cucumbers, which are crisp like the minis. Sometimes they do the same thing, though. :ohwell:

Grumpy

and this annoyed me but funny,too

According to a survey by pro-transgender advocates. The government should intervene to boost the sexual attractiveness of transgender people because they are sexually rejected by roughly 97 percent of heterosexuals

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
and this annoyed me but funny,too

According to a survey by pro-transgender advocates. The government should intervene to boost the sexual attractiveness of transgender people because they are sexually rejected by roughly 97 percent of heterosexuals

Only 97%????

Hannibal

Isn't there also some "rules" concerning what produce or vegetables should be located close to others? IE - certain combinations cause faster decomposition. Could it be you toss them in the fridge next to one of those "no-no" items? Just thinking of something not already mentioned.