This is where we're at in this day and age

BOP

The concerned citizen might have missed or failed to mention the guy was giving his "rifle" a BJ.

Someone called 911 to report a gun – but it was just a guy playing his bassoon

https://www.classicfm.com/music-new...rEk3tzG48V4bw-RW0Osk5e46iN5qKlt-zXi62-e7SW4-c

This summer, bassoonist Eric Barga drove to Covenant Presbyterian Church in Springfield, Ohio, after a day of teaching at his old school, Kenton Ride High School.

Eric was half an hour early for bell choir practice. To pass the time, he pulled out his custom-made Fox 610 red maple bassoon, sat down on the boot of his car and started playing some scales.

Seven minutes later, Springfield police received a 911 call, saying there was a white male in a jacket and jeans sitting on the back of his car by the church holding what looked like a long rifle.

officeguy

See anything, do something. Or something like that. At least call someone.

He is lucky they didn't send in the kill robot to neutralize him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But if it had been a crazy with a rifle and he started picking off a bunch of passersby, everyone would bitch that nobody said anything.

I don't think this story is that outrageous. It seems to have been handled well.

This_person

But if it had been a crazy with a rifle and he started picking off a bunch of passersby, everyone would bitch that nobody said anything.

I don't think this story is that outrageous. It seems to have been handled well.

If they're aiming a gun at people, probably time to raise the alert. Until then, I'm not gonna be unhappy if people don't call the cops.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If they're aiming a gun at people, probably time to raise the alert. Until then, I'm not gonna be unhappy if people don't call the cops.

By the time they aim the gun, it's too late.

Just because it isn't your kid/spouse/parent/friend shot doesn't mean it's nobody's.

This_person

By the time they aim the gun, it's too late.

Just because it isn't your kid/spouse/parent/friend shot doesn't mean it's nobody's.

Hard to get shot by a bassoon. I don't call the cops when there's a police officer with a gun, why call for a fellow citizen with a gun? That's the attitude on citizens that makes it impossible for us to be free - when we think we should call armed government forces to protect us from our own fellow citizens.