This Kashoggi person

GregV814

Hey kids, just in time for Christmas, from Kenner, makers of great toys!!!! the Crazy Kashoggi doll!!! Remember Mr.Potatohead???? Sure you do!!!! Remember Chatty Kathy??? Yup... Now Crazy Kashoggi with multi speech and detachable arms and legs!!!! Santa will bring them to all good boys and girls!!!

Hijinx

Trump has done a good job of getting prisoners back from Governments who arrested them.
Something Barack Hussein boy either couldn't or wouldn't do.

But if the rumors are true, all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Kashaggi back together again.
So we make a protest and move on.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Trump has done a good job of getting prisoners back from Governments who arrested them.

That's because his fellow muslims had them.

Hijinx

That's because his fellow muslims had them.

Well: The Marine Mexico had was not in a Muslim country,and Bama boy left him sitting there.
Should have been an easy job to get him loose. But Hussein didn't even ask.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Well: The Marine Mexico had was not in a Muslim country,and Bama boy left him sitting there.
Should have been an easy job to get him loose. But Hussein didn't even ask.

Of course not.

He'll eventually be regarded in history as the most anti-american person to ever hold that office.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
a-reader-writes-dear-snoopy-how-come-there-are-no-hecklers-36238342.png

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The US-Saudi relationship must be preserved – our national interest demands it

The concerted efforts now underway to derail the improved relations between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia established by the Trump administration are unhelpful at best and dangerous to America’s national and economic security at worst.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is a reformer trying to modernize his country. The steps he has taken so far are unprecedented. Letting that progress fall victim to mistakes by his government and attacks from opponents would be a massive mistake.

So a big deal is being made about this Saudi guy by the Stalinists to derail our relationship with the Saudis.

Consequently, the Post has taken a lead role in promoting the call for U.S. action against the Saudi government – action that would harm us as well as the Saudis in three areas: military cooperation; keeping oil flowing from Saudi fields; and providing jobs for U.S. workers who produce arms and other exports purchased by the kingdom.

America really needs to Dems to lose big in the midterms.

Chris0nllyn

Simply put, a journalist critical of the kingdom was allegedly killed by Saudis in the Saudi consulate in Turkey. Supposedly Turkey has recordings of a murder where Saudis dismembered the journalist and took him out of the consulate and flew back to Saudi Arabia as the journalist's wife waited outside. Supposedly, the Saudis will be coming out soon admitting, at least in part, to his death.

To Trump's credit, he has basically said, let's wait and see any proof.

SA has come out and sort of warned that oil prices could go up if the US slaps any sanctions on SA for this incident. That would be bad SA (and obviously we'd pay more in the short term for gas).

The killing of a journalist is an unconscionable act, especially when the assailant is a supposed U.S. friend. U.S.-Saudi ties, however, were never founded upon friendship, shared values, a mutual sense of ethics, or a common history. They were founded upon pragmatism and realpolitik. If the pragmatism is wearing off, or the other party is acting counter to U.S. interests, Washington should reassess the assumptions underlying the partnership.

Notwithstanding the dubious and changing explanations from the Saudi royal family about what happened to Jamal Khashoggi, this is a seminal moment for President Trump as a world leader. The message from the U.S. government across the board must meet the occassion: while the administration desires constructive relations with the Kingdom, its interests will always be surpassed by those of the American people. Just the same: U.S. policy in the Middle East from now on will independent from any one country, flexible, and untethered from the region's power struggles.
https://reason.com/archives/2018/10/16/the-saudis-need-us-not-the-other-way-aro

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The killing of a journalist is an unconscionable act,

What exactly makes the journalists killing "unconscionable" vs any other profession?

Would a murdered plumber be more acceptable?

What professions are approved?

Chris0nllyn

But if the rumors are true, all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Kashaggi back together again.
So we make a protest and move on.

The US-Saudi relationship must be preserved – our national interest demands it

So a big deal is being made about this Saudi guy by the Stalinists to derail our relationship with the Saudis.

America really needs to Dems to lose big in the midterms.

Is Fox News praising MbS? Seriously?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is Fox News praising MbS? Seriously?

One opinion person is praising him (see that "Opinion" designation?). Several others are saying we need to rethink our relationship with Saudi Arabia. See, Fox isn't groupthink lockstep like CNN and MSNBC. They actually present a myriad of opinions and viewpoints.

The reason I posted it is because it somewhat explains my original question of why the Democrat media is so up in arms about this guy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What exactly makes the journalists killing "unconscionable" vs any other profession?

Would a murdered plumber be more acceptable?

What professions are approved?

I was wondering that myself - so a murdered school bus driver would be okay? - until I realized it's just more destabilizing political keening from the Stalinists.

Chris0nllyn

The reason I posted it is because it somewhat explains my original question of why the Democrat media is so up in arms about this guy.

Where does it do that, because the only person pointed out as calling "to stop arms sales...and...stop supporting the crown prince" was Lindsey Graham.

In fact, no where in your article does it say anything about Democrat media, besides the author saying the WaPo is rightfully upset about it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Where does it do that, because the only person pointed out as calling "to stop arms sales...and...stop supporting the crown prince" was Lindsey Graham.

In fact, no where in your article does it say anything about Democrat media, besides the author saying the WaPo is rightfully upset about it.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining something so simple and obvious to you, especially since you don't read what I post anyway and respond to what the voices in your head are whispering to you. Your absolutes bore the #### out of me.

Chris0nllyn

I'm not going to waste my time explaining something so simple and obvious to you, especially since you don't read what I post anyway and respond to what the voices in your head are whispering to you. Your absolutes bore the #### out of me.

You said (aka me reading your posts, regardless of your endless claims of the contrary) it "somewhat explains my original question of why the Democrat media is so up in arms about this guy.", while pointing out that it's not only "Democrat media" talking about him.

You've asked questions in this thread, and were met with responses. More proof that what you posted was, in fact, read.

Nothing in that opinion piece suggests anything other than reasoning behind staying allies and i'm simply asking for clarification on your post as to where it says or alludes to what you claim. It's so simple and obvious, yet you can't spend the 30 seconds to type it out or quote it?

There's nothing "absolute" about what I posted, as it was a question.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I walked past the Lobby TV yesterday, Fox did more than a couple segments about this

Hijinx

So: We sanction Saudi's, and the price of gas goes up.
We sanction Saudi's and the planes and other arms we sold them sit in America unsold.
We sanction them and the Russians sell them planes and weapons.
The Chinese sell them weapons.
We lose the only halfway friendly country in the Middle east.

We sanction them and who do we hurt? The people manufacturing these arms in America, and Americans who pay higher prices for gas.
It's pretty bad that anyone gets killed or tortured in any country, but must we cut off our own nose to spite our face.?

I don't see any easy way to ask the Saudi's not to kill or execute anyone any longer.
I do know that whatever Donald Trump decides to do the WAPO and some people who I will not name, will blame Trump for screwing it up.
Who do we hurt? Ourselves.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

He does enjoy the word games.

Could always turn it around and just #### with and frustrate him for a change.