This Kid is Epic!

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I can see why Mom's not too thrilled.

Best lines:
In a larger sense, the teen says that he doesn’t regret his one-of-a-kind photo shoot, which has won him praise a “legend” from his friends and strangers alike.

"I'll be honest with you, I considered myself a legend before I did this," he mused. “This just took it to the next level."
It seems his body isn't the only thing big about this young man. Sa tête aussi!

--- End of line (MCP)

Yeah.... I've been to high school. In this context, "legend" is not a good thing. They're laughing at him behind his back and just waiting for the 40 year reunion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah.... I've been to high school. In this context, "legend" is not a good thing. They're laughing at him behind his back and just waiting for the 40 year reunion.

See, that kid would have been popular at my high school. We had similar characters who had way more self-confidence than the rest of us.

Yooper

See, that kid would have been popular at my high school. We had similar characters who had way more self-confidence than the rest of us.
At my HS we would not have called it "self-confidence." Unless he's a really good sumo wrestler (or pays significant protection money), we would have said "delusional" or "self-target." 🤪

--- End of line (MCP)

At my HS we would not have called it "self-confidence." Unless he's a really good sumo wrestler (or pays significant protection money), we would have said "delusional" or "self-target." 🤪

--- End of line (MCP)
It wouldn't be that severe where I was, but he would be considered 'different' or a 'non-conformist'. He would not have many friends.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It wouldn't be that severe where I was, but he would be considered 'different' or a 'non-conformist'. He would not have many friends.

Our non-conformists were the cool kids. The jocks and cheerleaders were popular with each other, but the unique individuals were popular with everyone.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
While this is worth a chuckle, I have my own teen in the house and he is quite full of himself :lol: I can relate to his poor mother who just wanted some nice pics.

I'm with @GWguy maybe it's a northeastern thing: the non-conformist kids were the weird kids. You could be out there, and still be likable, but you weren't popular by any means.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm sure there are 1000s just like him living in their mom's basement, thinking they are legends.

Now they have their here..

Area 51 here we come!!

Yooper

Mine was a Suffolk County HS (closer in to NYC than yours was; if I recall correctly?). Maybe that's the difference...?

--- End of line (MCP)

Suffolk County here too. Port Jeff. Lots of "elite" and old money in places like Belle Terre and Harbor Hills, and 'tudes to match.