This man right here:

rmorse

No Problem You said your cousin was dying from Covid.
I said and what else.

For the hard of understanding I will try to explain. Most people who are dying from Covid are old, Diabetic, bad heart, high BP, COPD, Lung issues.Fat,ie- Obese, pacemakers, Things that would add to the susceptibility of catching it and add to the propensity of death.
You are trying to say your cousin was healthy, had no problems in his prime and dying of nothing but the virus.

I asked what his other problems are.--------------capisce?

I never said anything at all about my cousin’s health besides he’s dying of Covid. You’re bringing all of that into the conversation now; I never eluded to his health at all.

That being said...As far as I’m aware, he’s average health. He’s not battling any diseases that I know of but I’m sure there’s some underlying issue. Covid is one of those things that tend to exacerbate existing crap. Kinda like how you don’t actually die from AIDS.

None of that has any bearing whatsoever on the reason why I posted about my cousin. Vrai has continuously asked (from the start) if anyone actually knows someone who has Covid. I’ve answered each time because I’ve known a decent amount of people who have been confirmed to have Covid. Young friends, my fiancé’s sister and her fiancé, my friend’s mother (who passed), my neighbors and now my cousin who is currently dying from it (or complications from it, if you’re itching to play semantics with my family member’s upcoming death).

It’s also interesting that everyone is so focused on the death part. They believe my buddy (who was in amazing shape) will never regain full function of his lungs but I guess that doesn’t matter since he didn’t die. He’s a runner who is struggling to walk a mile and has been otherwise symptom free for the last 4 months. I’m 34 and in great shape; I’m not overly concerned with dying from Covid. I’m very concerned about getting permanent lung or nerve damage from it though.

But anyway, feel free to call up my aunt if you wanted to let her know that the reason her son is dying is because he probably has some underlying condition.

Hijinx

I never said anything at all about my cousin’s health besides he’s dying of Covid. You’re bringing all of that into the conversation now; I never eluded to his health at all.

That being said...As far as I’m aware, he’s average health. He’s not battling any diseases that I know of but I’m sure there’s some underlying issue. Covid is one of those things that tend to exacerbate existing crap. Kinda like how you don’t actually die from AIDS.

None of that has any bearing whatsoever on the reason why I posted about my cousin. Vrai has continuously asked (from the start) if anyone actually knows someone who has Covid. I’ve answered each time because I’ve known a decent amount of people who have been confirmed to have Covid. Young friends, my fiancé’s sister and her fiancé, my friend’s mother (who passed), my neighbors and now my cousin who is currently dying from it (or complications from it, if you’re itching to play semantics with my family member’s upcoming death).

It’s also interesting that everyone is so focused on the death part. They believe my buddy (who was in amazing shape) will never regain full function of his lungs but I guess that doesn’t matter since he didn’t die. He’s a runner who is struggling to walk a mile and has been otherwise symptom free for the last 4 months. I’m 34 and in great shape; I’m not overly concerned with dying from Covid. I’m very concerned about getting permanent lung or nerve damage from it though.

But anyway, feel free to call up my aunt if you wanted to let her know that the reason her son is dying is because he probably has some underlying condition.

I can understand your concerns, but your greatest worry is not about lung or nerve damage.
Your brain damage should be a much greater concern, but then No brain no pain as the saying goes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

First of all, I'm sorry about your cousin. :huggy:

I think people - and by "people" I mean me - are interested because we (I) keep hearing that folks are keeling over left and right, dropping like flies...and I only know one single person who's been sick with it and recovered swiftly. Also we're hearing about comorbidities and blah blah blah, and I don't know what to believe. So I'm interested in whether they were perfectly healthy and the virus knocked them out, or if they were in frail health and just happened to be positive for Covid.

This is what happens when the news media and our politicians lie to us. There was a time when they'd say "this thing is happening" and I'd be like, "Wow, that's terrible." Now I'm like, "Yeah....sure....."

Especially when they're trying to mitigate it with absurd and draconian edicts that are so ridiculous and harmful that I'm amazed anyone believes them. Clearly the politicians don't believe what they're saying because they're screaming about lockdowns and quarantines, then they go out gallivanting as they please.

It is not my intent to offend you by asking questions. I ask for information purposes because clearly our news media and politicians can't be trusted, but I feel like I can trust a first-hand account from someone who isn't trying to get one over.

rmorse

I can understand your concerns, but your greatest worry is not about lung or nerve damage.
Your brain damage should be a much greater concern, but then No brain no pain as the saying goes.

I was basing my concerns off of a conversation I had with my uncle, who is an Internist at Johns Hopkins. When he was telling me to be concerned about lung and nerve damage, I listened.

Side note - I asked him about the young healthy people dying and he said (obviously) that they’re an anomaly. We all knew that. He also said though that they’re dying because their immune system is “too good” essentially. Their body sends all of their defenses to combat the virus and end up overloading the lungs themselves. They get clogged up essentially. Pretty fascinating.

rmorse

First of all, I'm sorry about your cousin. :huggy:

I think people - and by "people" I mean me - are interested because we (I) keep hearing that folks are keeling over left and right, dropping like flies...and I only know one single person who's been sick with it and recovered swiftly. Also we're hearing about comorbidities and blah blah blah, and I don't know what to believe. So I'm interested in whether they were perfectly healthy and the virus knocked them out, or if they were in frail health and just happened to be positive for Covid.

This is what happens when the news media and our politicians lie to us. There was a time when they'd say "this thing is happening" and I'd be like, "Wow, that's terrible." Now I'm like, "Yeah....sure....."

Especially when they're trying to mitigate it with absurd and draconian edicts that are so ridiculous and harmful that I'm amazed anyone believes them. Clearly the politicians don't believe what they're saying because they're screaming about lockdowns and quarantines, then they go out gallivanting as they please.

It is not my intent to offend you by asking questions. I ask for information purposes because clearly our news media and politicians can't be trusted, but I feel like I can trust a first-hand account from someone who isn't trying to get one over.

No offense at all! If I’m being honest, I was a little annoyed by Hijinx suggesting that I was BSing when I didn’t even mention my cousin’s health record. But not offended...I don’t get offended very easily.

I understand completely that you want first hand knowledge versus “a friend of a friend told me” BS. That’s why I’m sharing my firsthand knowledge when I have it.

I think I mentioned this already but I did sit down for a coffee and spent 45 minutes chatting with a friend who then found out two days later that she had Covid. We also exchanged hugs. I never got it (well, I never had symptoms so I’m assuming I never got it). I’m not sold on it being crazy contagious and nether is my uncle. However, after discussing it with him at length, I’m a lot more unsettled by it. I went from “F it, lemme just get it and get it over with” to “damn, I really hope i can avoid this.” I’m not going to live my life in fear but I’m no longer viewing it as just a bad cold.

rmorse

Oh and yea...I can’t tell you how pissed I am about these ridiculous measures they’re taking. Covid seems a lot more serious than I realized but the measures aren’t based on anything concrete. It’s just opportunistic power grabs.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You’re traveling through rural cities and staying outdoors in a campground. That’s the lowest risk I feel like.

In other news, I just found out my mom's cousin is dying from Covid 😕
Branson was a pretty good sized city. Lots of tourists coming & going. Same with New Braunfels but not so many tourists. But you are correct when you say it's a low risk. The hot spots were the greater NY/NJ area where people are piled on top of each other.

BOP