This man right here:

SamSpade

I've lost two people to COVID - so I'm not among those who deny it's a problem.

What I DO think is, government is scapegoating the wrong people. We're shutting down schools even though the SCIENCE says, not a danger and NOT a threat to spreading the virus. We're punishing activities that AREN'T the problem but people THINK it must be, so it gets blamed.

Let's think for a moment - why do people get sick in the wintertime? Is it because germs thrive in the cold? "You'll catch your death of cold". "Bundle up, I don't want you catching a cold".

Of course not. Germs CAN survive cold - but they by no means thrive in it. No, the REASON cold and flu spreads so much in cold months is because people are INDOORS. In close proximity. All of the people I know who ever caught COVID were people who did NOT go to bars or restaurants or parties or the gym or rallies. They didn't go anywhere. During the height of the pandemic in NYC they observed that the highest portion of victims - DID socially distance and DID wear masks and DID quarantine.

Some data around Thanksgiving will be coming forth soon. They will blame Thanksgiving and people ignoring warnings for the rise in cases. But if you look a little closer you will see the numbers rising significantly BEFORE Thanksgiving.

Isolation WORSENS the problem, especially for the most vulnerable. I wouldn't be surprised if the data for nursing homes and assisted living facilities show exponential growth - because the isolation turns the places into Petri dishes.

herb749

AA's & Hispanics have the highest percentage of positive cases. Are they being talked to about changing their ways.? Nope. Lets blame everyone instead of attacking the problem areas. I've eaten in several restaurants the past few months without issue. I follow the rules.

For some reason its blame the Republicans & conservatives for these spikes when they know who's to blame. They don't want to upset the people they count on to vote for them.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
AA's & Hispanics have the highest percentage of positive cases. Are they being talked to about changing their ways.? Nope. Lets blame everyone instead of attacking the problem areas. I've eaten in several restaurants the past few months without issue. I follow the rules.

For some reason its blame the Republicans & conservatives for these spikes when they know who's to blame. They don't want to upset the people they count on to vote for them.
When AIDS first showed up they said 4 groups had a high probability of getting it. Homosexual men, Haitians, people who rely on blood transfusions and heroin addicts. They said to practice safe sex(Use a condom), don't share needles, only use tested blood for transfusions and refer to yourself as Dominican instead of Haitian. OK, I made the last 1 up. Yet cases continued to rise up until 1996 when death from AIDS dropped significantly. People were warned what to do to avoid what use to be a certain death sentence. Yet they continued to behave in ways that didn't prevent the disease.

Fast forward to today. We know who the vulnerable groups are. Shielding them from the virus would serve everyone better and prevent needless deaths. Requiring all to take the same preventive measures as the vulnerable is overkill. Especially when those measures mandate committing to what constitutes economic suicide.

Bare-ya-cuda

I fully expect our dear governor to announce the cancellation of Christmas gatherings. In another note I did hear that there were 5 COVID deaths at St. Mary’s Hospital yesterday. Don’t know about underlying conditions, race, age etc. I just know I am not going to argue with a health care worker about COVID.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I fully expect our dear governor to announce the cancellation of Christmas gatherings. In another note I did hear that there were 5 COVID deaths at St. Mary’s Hospital yesterday. Don’t know about underlying conditions, race, age etc. I just know I am not going to argue with a health care worker about COVID.
I made the comment about Thanksgiving being the test run and wait until Christmas and New Years on the 25th of November...

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

Are those 5 deaths confirmed or just rumor?

black dog

Free America
When AIDS first showed up they said 4 groups had a high probability of getting it. Homosexual men, Haitians, people who rely on blood transfusions and heroin addicts. They said to practice safe sex(Use a condom), don't share needles, only use tested blood for transfusions and refer to yourself as Dominican instead of Haitian. OK, I made the last 1 up. Yet cases continued to rise up until 1996 when death from AIDS dropped significantly. People were warned what to do to avoid what use to be a certain death sentence. Yet they continued to behave in ways that didn't prevent the disease.

Fast forward to today. We know who the vulnerable groups are. Shielding them from the virus would serve everyone better and prevent needless deaths. Requiring all to take the same preventive measures as the vulnerable is overkill. Especially when those measures mandate committing to what constitutes economic suicide.

We have a huge problem here in the small towns of southern Ohio and Indiana with intravenous heroin users. These towns have up to 10 to 15 percent positive hiv, and lets not forget what all goes along with that crowd. The theft, assaults, homelessness, unclaimed dead and medicial waste are overwhelming to thses small towns.

Why should I care about them getting a virus that will put a end to the endless taxpayer providing care for folks that dont put anything positive back in the system.

Its better for no one to intervene and let it be the self cleaning oven it used to be...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've lost two people to COVID - so I'm not among those who deny it's a problem.

I know zero people who've died of Covid, or even "Covid complications". I know one person who got sick with it, and he recovered after a brief illness and is fine now.

I'm not questioning you, I'm just curious why everyone else knows scores of people who are dropping like flies from this virus, but not one single person I know has died from it and I only know one person who was even sick. Do I just not know enough people?

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

I know zero people who've died of Covid, or even "Covid complications". I know one person who got sick with it, and he recovered after a brief illness and is fine now.

I'm not questioning you, I'm just curious why everyone else knows scores of people who are dropping like flies from this virus, but not one single person I know has died from it and I only know one person who was even sick. Do I just not know enough people?

Perhaps not enough elderly people. Or people with compromised immune systems. Both people who died were already very frail.

rmorse

You’re traveling through rural cities and staying outdoors in a campground. That’s the lowest risk I feel like.

In other news, I just found out my mom's cousin is dying from Covid πŸ˜•

Hijinx

You’re traveling through rural cities and staying outdoors in a campground. That’s the lowest risk I feel like.

In other news, I just found out my mom's cousin is dying from Covid πŸ˜•

And what else.?