This really bugs me...

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I think I just found a new place to get dinner! What do they serve there, spaghetti and what not? Sounds like a pretty good meal to me.

It also sounds like there are lot of people here who are just angry and jealous because they do not have the guts to do what some of the people are doing.

I would go, but they are just too far away.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Don't judge me bitch! Free food and clothes is how I afford gas for the boat!
Well Bitch, the least you could do is really be bold while out on your boat and catch more than your limit of stripers so that you could donate the extras to the food bank. :moon:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Well Bitch, the least you could do is really be bold while out on your boat and catch more than your limit of stripers so that you could donate the extras to the food bank. :moon:
:nono: Them biches goes in da freezer.

would love to catch a limit regularly

sm8

My hubby always says if you help one family truly in need then you have achieved something. I on the other hand have to fight becoming a Grinch in these situations.

I used to visit my mom at a soup kitchen when she was doing good. It was a neutral place to meet where I felt safe being around. I got to know a lot of the people and they were all very sweet. Some of the food there looked and smelled so good, restaurant quality. I could never eat it though because I could never convince myself that they weren't poisoning the poor people to get rid of them.

Rt235

:mad:It bugs me when cheap people go to soup kitchens to get a free meal when they are living on a very comfortable retirement income. My daughter was helping at a soup kitchen with her AHG troop on Saturday. She came home and told me she saw some people that we know. I said, "Well, that's nice that they are helping out at the soup kitchen." She said, "Oh no, Mom. They were there to eat."

I know for a fact that this couple lives very comfortably. They have traveled all over the world and are planning another trip soon.

Soup kitchens are for the down and out who really need those meals. They are not for cheapskates to save money with. Apparently, they know where all the soup kitchens are and what days they are open according to another friend. They live in Calvert County too and go to the ones there.

This just really bugs me. I would feel so guilty if I did that.

Wow...kinda harsh there...do you know for a FACT they are well off? (No need to answer...)

Judge not least you be judged.
Also a lot of people are a paycheck/one storm, accident, health crisis, tornado away from being homeless and needing charity.
Who am I to determine who gets help or not.
My opinion: God knows, and that is that.
Please try and not be so critical of people..this time of year or any time of year.

Thank you.

Restless

Wow...kinda harsh there...do you know for a FACT they are well off? (No need to answer...)

Also a lot of people are a paycheck/one storm, accident, health crisis, tornado away from being homeless and needing charity.
Please try and not be so critical of people..this time of year or any time of year.

Thank you.

I do know for a FACT they are well off. Maybe you missed the part that they have travelled all over the world and continue to do so. They take three to four vacations overseas every year! Poor people or those who need charity do not do that.

Soup kitchens should be for those who are truly in need. When people go to them who really are not in need, they can ruin it for those who are poor. Those who like helping get discouraged and give up helping. Previous posts here have shown that.

Perhaps you should go help out at some of the soup kitchens in our area. Only then will you understand how those of us who have helped feel.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think I just found a new place to get dinner! What do they serve there, spaghetti and what not? Sounds like a pretty good meal to me.

It also sounds like there are lot of people here who are just angry and jealous because they do not have the guts to do what some of the people are doing.

The food isn't really that good. You're better off grubbing from a friend or neighbor.

sm8

My pet peeve are the ones there that turn away the non brand name stuff. They just happen to be the same ones driving escalades (sp?) With fake nails and covered in bling.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Thank you.

So you think it's okay for people who have money to travel and fool around to take food away from the poor?

bilbur

Thank you.

I agree that some people are one paycheck away from being broke but not knowing how to manage money is not the same as poor. It frustrates me when I hear about people that pull up to charity donation places in their newer than my car Honda wearing cloths and jewelry that would cover 3 months or more of my mortgage. Here is the way it is; if you need something and can't afford it, work for it. If you have a job and you still can't afford something you need, sell something. If you are working hard and have nothing to sell to get something you need then you can ask for help.

Disco Stu

Shut Up Little Man!!!!
I do know for a FACT they are well off. Maybe you missed the part that they have travelled all over the world and continue to do so. They take three to four vacations overseas every year! Poor people or those who need charity do not do that.

Soup kitchens should be for those who are truly in need. When people go to them who really are not in need, they can ruin it for those who are poor. Those who like helping get discouraged and give up helping. Previous posts here have shown that.

Perhaps you should go help out at some of the soup kitchens in our area. Only then will you understand how those of us who have helped feel.

People like that person LOOOOVE quoting the bible and being self righteous pricks. :coffee:

mitzi

People like that person LOOOOVE quoting the bible and being self righteous pricks. :coffee:

Actually most of the soup kitchens/food pantries are run by churches. They do not judge why you are there. As it should be (unless you're taking food meant for people for your farm animals). The one I volunteered at the majority of the people coming to eat were seniors.