This should be easy stuff...

BOP

I am a super-genius! Just ask me, I'll tell you!

Uh-huh.

somdwatch

Donald Trump claims to be a super genius.

Donald Trump claims to be an astute and wildly successful businessman.

Donald Trump claims to be a supreme marketing guru.

So why in the hell can't he get the most basic things right? This Epstein thing is blowing up around him:

Trump called Epstein a ‘terrific guy’ who enjoyed ‘younger’ girls before denying relationship with him

A moderately intelligent individual...

A moderately successful person...

A marketing person at the lowest level...

All of these folks would know how to handle this situation. It isn't rocket science: "Yeah, I knew the guy. But I had no idea what he was doing. When he was charged and convicted, I cut off all ties with him."

If you want to look like a badass you add in something about letting the punishment fit the crime.

That's it. Again, not rocket science. But for Trump, he or his people have to lie. They lie despite readily available evidence that proves they are lying. For some reason, they have to claim Trump never knew the guy, never heard his name...what a buffoon. Naturally the 35% will just bleat along that Trump's quote about and his pictures with Epstein are all just "Fake News"!!!

Oh...and for those who still don't understand...this is another wonderful example of how NOT to act Presidential.
Why don't you list the year he said that? Here I'll help you. 2002. About the time Bill Clinton starting flying around with him. Where's that thread?