This should be easy stuff...

transporter

Donald Trump claims to be a super genius.

Donald Trump claims to be an astute and wildly successful businessman.

Donald Trump claims to be a supreme marketing guru.

So why in the hell can't he get the most basic things right? This Epstein thing is blowing up around him:

Trump called Epstein a ‘terrific guy’ who enjoyed ‘younger’ girls before denying relationship with him

A moderately intelligent individual...

A moderately successful person...

A marketing person at the lowest level...

All of these folks would know how to handle this situation. It isn't rocket science: "Yeah, I knew the guy. But I had no idea what he was doing. When he was charged and convicted, I cut off all ties with him."

If you want to look like a badass you add in something about letting the punishment fit the crime.

That's it. Again, not rocket science. But for Trump, he or his people have to lie. They lie despite readily available evidence that proves they are lying. For some reason, they have to claim Trump never knew the guy, never heard his name...what a buffoon. Naturally the 35% will just bleat along that Trump's quote about and his pictures with Epstein are all just "Fake News"!!!

Oh...and for those who still don't understand...this is another wonderful example of how NOT to act Presidential.

luvmygdaughters

Donald Trump claims to be a super genius.

Donald Trump claims to be an astute and wildly successful businessman.

Donald Trump claims to be a supreme marketing guru.

So why in the hell can't he get the most basic things right? This Epstein thing is blowing up around him:

Trump called Epstein a ‘terrific guy’ who enjoyed ‘younger’ girls before denying relationship with him

A moderately intelligent individual...

A moderately successful person...

A marketing person at the lowest level...

All of these folks would know how to handle this situation. It isn't rocket science: "Yeah, I knew the guy. But I had no idea what he was doing. When he was charged and convicted, I cut off all ties with him."

If you want to look like a badass you add in something about letting the punishment fit the crime.

That's it. Again, not rocket science. But for Trump, he or his people have to lie. They lie despite readily available evidence that proves they are lying. For some reason, they have to claim Trump never knew the guy, never heard his name...what a buffoon. Naturally the 35% will just bleat along that Trump's quote about and his pictures with Epstein are all just "Fake News"!!!

Oh...and for those who still don't understand...this is another wonderful example of how NOT to act Presidential.

how NOT to act Presidential.

Hmmm...you mean like old slick willy, who was a passenger on the perv's airplane...several times!!

Chris0nllyn

That is the third ageism comment from you in 24 hours. WTF?

I'm not wrong though. This forum's main commenters are at or near retirement age by their own admission.

Weird that you don't say anything to Gilligan about his years of ageism comments toward me.

This_person

I'm not wrong though. This forum's main commenters are at or near retirement age by their own admission.

Weird that you don't say anything to Gilligan about his years of ageism comments toward me.
I guess I've never noticed them, as I do not really follow what Gilligan has to say to you.

However, you are wrong to use age as a pejorative. That's really indisputable. If Gilligan uses your age (I have no idea how old you are, does Gilligan?), then he is wrong, too.

Caveat: There is something to be said for the wisdom experience brings. What is it they say? "Experience is the thing you get right after you need it." That does not mean that younger people have no experience, nor does it mean that older people learn from their experience. It simply means that the caveat about experience stands. There's a reason there's an age limit in the Constitution for president, etc. There's a reason there's an age limit for voting (though any state can legally, constitutionally, lower their voting age: the restriction is to not deny someone who is 18+, not that younger than 18 can't vote). There's a reason there's a limit to drinking age, and binding-contract age, and ability to join the military age, and many other age limits. That includes maximum ages for some things.

But, using age as a pejorative is wrong. that's a completely different thing from discussion experience or maturity.

This_person

You never did explain why you are using age as a pejorative. You merely claim that you're factually accurate to suggest the age of many posters. I would love to know why you think ageism is appropriate.

Chris0nllyn

You never did explain why you are using age as a pejorative. You merely claim that you're factually accurate to suggest the age of many posters. I would love to know why you think ageism is appropriate.

I don't need to explain it. This is 'murica and if a large portion of the regular commenters on here can act like dickheads (see above) without being called on it, I can too.

Of course, that's not the case because you, for some reason, regularly expect something out of me that you don't expect from anyone else beside transporter and MR on occasion.

This_person

I don't need to explain it. This is 'murica and if a large portion of the regular commenters on here can act like dickheads (see above) without being called on it, I can too.

Of course, that's not the case because you, for some reason, regularly expect something out of me that you don't expect from anyone else beside transporter and MR on occasion.
I expect nothing from Tranny except bitching and moaning about some spin Tranny found somewhere. I expect nothing from Spanker except close to the same, while splitting hairs to the nth degree to try and salvage his point.

From you, I expect reasonable conversation, because you more often than not actually do that. Not in the last couple of days for some reason, but normally. If you prefer to act like a dickhead because others do, that means you are allowing others to control your actions and morals. I used to expect you to be better than that, but you're telling me you're not.

Midnightrider

I expect nothing from Tranny except bitching and moaning about some spin Tranny found somewhere. I expect nothing from Spanker except close to the same, while splitting hairs to the nth degree to try and salvage his point.

From you, I expect reasonable conversation, because you more often than not actually do that. Not in the last couple of days for some reason, but normally. If you prefer to act like a dickhead because others do, that means you are allowing others to control your actions and morals. I used to expect you to be better than that, but you're telling me you're not.
and the only thing I ever get from you is idiotic trolling. that's why you don't get many responses from me.

This current fauxrage over chris calling out old people acting like 5th graders is a great example.

Chris0nllyn

If you prefer to act like a dickhead because others do, that means you are allowing others to control your actions and morals. I used to expect you to be better than that, but you're telling me you're not.

And if you think calling retirement aged people, "retirement aged people", is being a dickhead, then I don't know what to tell you.

I can say with absolute certainty that much worse has been said on this forum with approximately zero to one person calling them out for those words.

Some days I'll have a conversation, and some days I don't feel like it. Simple as that.

This_person

and the only thing I ever get from you is idiotic trolling. that's why you don't get many responses from me.

This current fauxrage over chris calling out old people acting like 5th graders is a great example.

This_person

And if you think calling retirement aged people, "retirement aged people", is being a dickhead, then I don't know what to tell you.

I can say with absolute certainty that much worse has been said on this forum with approximately zero to one person calling them out for those words.

Some days I'll have a conversation, and some days I don't feel like it. Simple as that.
When you use it with absolutely zero context, it's clearly an insult in your mind. You don't know what to tell me because, clearly, you never expected to be asked about it and have to explain yourself. It's like when Sappy does the exact same thing, or when someone says, "and that came from a white person." Factually true, but clearly meant as an insult of some kind.

Words matter, and so does intent.