This should get interesting

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I listened to her list the alleged fraud and abuse....whew!...if it's all true as laid out, Pierre and Co. been living VERY large...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I take NOTHING Progressives say at face value ........

True. But it's been an 18-month investigation and she rattled off a very long list of specific actions and specific amounts of money. Only question is....which were actually illegal (not allowed by non-profit rules) and which were not?

The NRA has been in a world of financial hurt for several years and it was all their own doing to get there. If La Pierre and cronies were skimming as much off the top as is alleged, then he sure was a hypocrite with all his complaints and pleadings for more money.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If La Pierre and cronies were skimming as much off the top as is alleged, then he sure was a hypocrite with all his complaints and pleadings for more money.

Fair Enough ...... The Truth is usually a bit more nuanced

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
While the suit examines the fiscal practices of the non-profit, James could not resist introducing politics.
“The NRA’s influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets,” James said in a statement announcing the suit. “The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law.”
The political ramifications of an ambitious blue-state attorney general seeking to use lawfare to destroy a troubled organization that the Democratic Party routinely denigrates and accuses of all manner of heinous crimes year after year are impossible to miss. The NRA’s political spending, while dwarfed by the far more extensive spending Big Labor lavishes on Democrats in every election cycle, is influential and leans to the right.

While allegations of financial mismanagement within the NRA have swirled over the past year, James’ action may inject not just the NRA but the Second Amendment itself into the 2020 election. The Trump campaign and other Republicans can point to James’ actions as a Democrat-sanctioned attempt to tear apart one of the nation’s oldest civil rights organizations, should they choose to, without defending anything anyone in the NRA has actually done.

Should the suit succeed, the consequences will be felt well beyond politics — which may also be the point. Among other things, the NRA is part of the firearms certification process in many states. Its instruction programs are either required or one of just a couple of options for handgun license instructors.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...ork-state-ag-seeks-to-disband-the-nra-n759703

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

Now do Planned Parenthood and the NAACP!

stgislander

PREMO Member
The NRA has been in a world of financial hurt for several years and it was all their own doing to get there. If La Pierre and cronies were skimming as much off the top as is alleged, then he sure was a hypocrite with all his complaints and pleadings for more money.
I imagine he had to pay out a lot of money to members to keep Ollie North from taking over.

DaSDGuy

I listened to her list the alleged fraud and abuse....whew!...if it's all true as laid out, Pierre and Co. been living VERY large...
It's a big stretch to go from charging those individuals with abusing their authority and banning them from serving in non-profit organizations to the extreme of completely dissolving the NRA.

If those people are guilty, fine, they are gone. Maybe even prosecute them.

The NRA can appoint better disciplined individuals to run the show and continue going.

You don't dissolve the entire organization because the top leadership was bad. Otherwise the democraps would have been dissolved years ago.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's a big stretch to go from charging those individuals with abusing their authority and banning them from serving in non-profit organizations to the extreme of completely dissolving the NRA.

If those people are guilty, fine, they are gone. Maybe even prosecute them.

The NRA can appoint better disciplined individuals to run the show and continue going.

You don't dissolve the entire organization because the top leadership was bad. Otherwise the democraps would have been dissolved years ago.
I agree with that. NFPs get caught spending frivolously all the time. It's probably rarer to find those that do not excessively compensate executives in various ways.

Crabcatcher79

HAHA. They will fold like a cheap tent. They are already in dire financial straits and over pay their CEO and have lost too many lawsuits.

Good riddance.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

HAHA. They will fold like a cheap tent. They are already in dire financial straits and over pay their CEO and have lost too many lawsuits. Good riddance.
And yet? Even if the NRA folds? Those Bill of Rights, ratified in 1791? Specifically, the 2nd Article?

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed. [As originally written].

Is still the Supreme Law of the Land. Get it? The Supreme LAW of the Land.

Lock and load people. Lock and load!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
HAHA. They will fold like a cheap tent. They are already in dire financial straits and over pay their CEO and have lost too many lawsuits.

Good riddance.
In spite of the fact that nearly all firearms instructors are NRA trained and certified?

Rommey

I can understand a prosecutor going after the individuals for criminal activity, and I guess even the company in some instances. But how does the NY State AG have the power to dissolve the NRA? By what legal principle/mechanism does this happen?

SamSpade

I can understand a prosecutor going after the individuals for criminal activity, and I guess even the company in some instances. But how does the NY State AG have the power to dissolve the NRA? By what legal principle/mechanism does this happen?

Exactly. Think this will get thrown out?