This woman needs to be removed from office, like now

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

I propose a boycott of Minneapolis because they send hate filled terrorist bitches like this to Congress. They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Sapidus

U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

I propose a boycott of Minneapolis because they send hate filled terrorist bitches like this to Congress. They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Why should we be able to boycott other countries who's policies we don't agree with

So you agree that the israelis have a true claim to the land and the palestinians should be treated like second class citizens?

Why do you equate her with being a terrosit just because she is muslim?

Are you xenophobic?

Chris0nllyn

Burnthings

Americans should be able to boycott whatever they want. In this day and age of "Citizens United' our wallets have more power than our votes.

gemma_rae

Are you xenophobic?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Title: Omar introduces resolution defending boycott of Israel
Article:

Here's the actual resolution.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/496/text

Don't let the mainstream media manipulate you.

You make it increasing hard to take anything you post seriously. Omar is on record as supporting the BDS movement.

“We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our first amendment rights in regard to boycotting, and it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement.”

From the BDS website:

"The Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement works to end international support for Israel's oppression of Palestinians and pressure Israel to comply with international law."

It's blatantly obvious what this bull#### resolution is about. It's not even needed, as we all have the right to boycott anything we want.

Why does context escape you?

Chris0nllyn

You make it increasing hard to take anything you post seriously. Omar is on record as supporting the BDS movement.

Considering the resolution says nothing about BDS or Israel, why does context matter?

I'm focusing on the actual wording of the actual resolution.

What part of the actual wording of the actual resolution do you take issue with?

But hey, perhaps that is what she intended, but do you disagree that
all Americans have the right to participate in boycotts in pursuit of civil and human rights at home and abroad, as protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution
?

Clem72

Why should we be able to boycott other countries who's policies we don't agree with

So you agree that the israelis have a true claim to the land and the palestinians should be treated like second class citizens?

Why do you equate her with being a terrosit just because she is muslim?

Are you xenophobic?

I wouldn't support any kind of official boycott of Israel. I would however like a full accounting of what happens to the ridiculous amount of money we send them. I suspect we aren't getting very good value for our money in terms of security / safety in the region.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Considering the resolution says nothing about BDS or Israel, why does context matter?

I'm focusing on the actual wording of the actual resolution.

What part of the actual wording of the actual resolution do you take issue with?

But hey, perhaps that is what she intended, but do you disagree that
?

Again... here are Omar's own words:

We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our first amendment rights in regard to boycotting, and it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement.”

Your "I'm focusing on the actual wording of the actual resolution" makes it clear you have no interest in the entire context of what Omar is doing here.

Chris0nllyn

Again... here are Omar's own words:

We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our first amendment rights in regard to boycotting, and it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement.”

Again, I don't care about her words.

What specific words in the actual resolution do you take issue with?

Sapidus

First I thought you claimed not to read Fox News

Second you claim to read and make your own assumptions and not be manipulated by the media so can you point to where she mentions Israel explicitly?

Third,
Do you not agree with her position that we get to boycott whoever we choose? Isn’t that part of being American?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Again, I don't care about her words.

What specific words in the actual resolution do you take issue with?

Do you just read the words of the constitution without knowing the intent of it, as were outlined in the writings and speeches of the framers? In other words, completely ignoring the context of why they framed the constitution the way they did?

I take issue with Omar's intent, which she has made clear. She supports a boycott of one this country's allies - Israel. While she stomps around accusing Trump of being a racist, she is blatantly one herself. With that in mind, I don't give a damn about that resolution on it's own. But attached to this anti-Semite, it becomes a tool to take action against Israel.

Chris0nllyn

Do you just read the words of the constitution without knowing the intent of it, as were outlined in the writings and speeches of the framers? In other words, completely ignoring the context of why they framed the constitution the way they did?

I take issue with Omar's intent, which she has made clear. She supports a boycott of one this country's allies - Israel. While she stomps around accusing Trump of being a racist, she is blatantly one herself. With that in mind, I don't give a damn about that resolution on it's own. But attached to this anti-Semite, it becomes a tool to take action against Israel.

Do you agree, or not, that Americans have the right to boycott? It's a simple question asked three times now.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Do you agree, or not, that Americans have the right to boycott? It's a simple question asked three times now.
I take the position that sure, we can boycott. My question is whether or not they're actually effective internationally (Cuba, South Africa, etc.). Same question, re: tariffs. Different folks will, of course, argue both sides depending on whom is being boycotting, who is doing the boycotting, etc.

I would like to see these things done as part and parcel of an overall national strategy.

In this particular case, Ms. Omar is making a political statement. Again, certainly okay, but helpful to our national strategy? My sense is, nope. Didn't like the South Africa boycott, wasn't a fan of the Cuba boycott, don't like this Israel-focused BDS effort. Boycotts make for great political theater, but I think - on their own - make for bad national strategic policy.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

I believe I answered that a while back. Something to the effect... we don't need this resolution to confirm our right to boycott. It's a stupid waste of congressional time.

Chris0nllyn

I believe I answered that a while back. Something to the effect... we don't need this resolution to confirm our right boycott. It's a stupid waste of congressional time.

Which certainly makes it pointless legislation (can we collectively hope this is the height of her legislative prowess?), but it's not that big of a deal based on the wording of the resolution and shows that Fox News is no better than the other mainstream biased media out there.

If we can waste Congress' time with dumb crap like this, perhaps they'll have less time to spend on things that actually affect us.