This young dude knows all the chords

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I recently found Billy Strings in a Youtube Rabbit Hole. He is amazing. So many artists of previous generations pioneered all of the great music we have today (Bluegrass, Blues, Rock, Motown), but these new artists are taking some of the now old songs and making them better than ever before. Of course, they had a leg up by getting to learn from the masters themselves as opposed to having to invent it themselves. Nonetheless, the quality of the music is stellar.

This one is a good intro. From what I can read into it, Tommy Emmanuel invites Billy to the stage to play a few songs. Billy didn't know the songs beforehand and Tommy basically explains the structure to him in 10 seconds (Actually, I think he said, "It's in E, just play guitar"). What results sounds like they rehearsed it 100 times.

Last edited:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Here's a beautiful performance with just him and his father performing in front of a smallish audience in a theater in Michigan. The interaction between them and the audience tells it all.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Here's his band performing at Lollapalooza, opening for Metallica. Shows you the breadth of his talent.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Here's a good one with Willie Nelson. Some good Willie humor at the very end.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Love me some bluegrass. Can't hide behind autotune. Must know how to play an instrument. With no need for skimpily dressed harlots dancing some stupid choreography.