Thomas Johnson Shut Down

Been shutdown for hours, still shut down. Looks like they're just able to get tow truck to it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was stuck on the bridge for an hour and a half at 7 trying to get to Solomons. This was the first accident involving an SUV and car. Then there was another with a 6 car pileup that closed it again. Now someone stuck in that traffic snarl tried to make a u-turn and got t-boned on 4 near Patuxent Boulevard. Traffic is moving northbound across the bridge but stopped southbound.

I know this because I am trying to get home and am sitting in Solomons looking at the bridge. :ohwell:

I was stuck on the bridge for an hour and a half at 7 trying to get to Solomons. This was the first accident involving an SUV and car. Then there was another with a 6 car pileup that closed it again. Now someone stuck in that traffic snarl tried to make a u-turn and got t-boned on 4 near Patuxent Boulevard. Traffic is moving northbound across the bridge but stopped southbound.

I know this because I am trying to get home and am sitting in Solomons looking at the bridge. :ohwell:
Looks like it's moving, hope you made it home by now.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Looks like it's moving, hope you made it home by now.
Yes, thank you. I got home a few minutes ago. And very glad to be off the road as the idiots are out in full force tonight.

This was my lovely view from the first accident. It must have happened just as I was coming over the top of the bridge as I was the 5th vehicle from the wreck. SMNEWSNET used it in their article with my permission.

Last edited:
That's just in the vicinity of the bridge. There were 2 in Hollywood just a few minutes apart, and I'm sure more than that. Friday was just as bad.

mdff21

Probably a rubbernecker. There was a medi-vac from the Navy Rec Center helicopter pad. The helicopter had just landed when they alerted the accident.

Grumpy

People drive entirely too fast and tailgate around here. They go too fast and too close to be able stop to avoid an accident.

It's everywhere, not just here. Contrary to popular belief, SMD does not have a monopoly on stupid drivers.

limblips

PREMO Member
People drive entirely too fast and tailgate around here. They go too fast and too close to be able stop to avoid an accident.
But it amazes me that in SoCal they drive 75-80 bumper to bumper an seldom pile them up. :sshrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
No squirrels running across the road - or people stopping for turtles.

I dont think we are piling up for those reasons, but people crashing due to animals is a problem. I will take what most drivers view as extreme measures to avoid hitting animlas, but never to the point it endangers me or others, No way in hell will I leave the roadway or inpinge on other traffic to not hit an animal. I will pull over to help a turtle, but only if there is a safe area to pull my car off the roadway.