Thompson Corner Rd & 5

mizteresa1965

How many more accidents is it going to take before the county puts a light in. The intersection at Thompson Corner Road and Route 5 is the most dangerous in the county. I don't recall anyone being killed in this intersection , but I may be wrong. But something needs to be done!

Sounds so simple doesn't, put in a traffic light, and time it in sinc which the one at Route 6.

Once Again, Three Notch and Thompsons Corner - Mechanicsville Volunteer Fire Department

Bunnieman

Probably quite a few unless they involve a fatality or a full school bus getting clobbered. Then I would say two fatality accidents then you may...MAY get a light.

Hopefully never. It's too close to the light at Rt.6 to get a light. People need to learn how to freaking drive. You can see plenty far when sitting waiting for an opening in traffic at that corner.

dave1959

Hopefully never. It's too close to the light at Rt.6 to get a light. People need to learn how to freaking drive. You can see plenty far when sitting waiting for an opening in traffic at that corner.

:yeahthat: Too many lights all ready, People need to learn to drive !!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

:yeahthat: Too many lights all ready, People need to learn to drive !!

The solution around here is to always put in a light. People just need to learn how to drive.
All of the above. People need to slow down to the speed limit through there.

sm8

One of the big issues is that the speed drops down to 45 just before the light but not everyone slows down. I would say about half of the people blow trhu there doing 60. Now what I think is funny going the other way past the farmers market people slow down to 40 and the speed limit does not change there.

sm8

One of the big issues is that the speed drops down to 45 just before the light but not everyone slows down. I would say about half of the people blow trhu there doing 60. Now what I think is funny going the other way past the farmers market people slow down to 40 and the speed limit does not change there.

What I am curious about is if they could change the intersection forcing people who are leaving Thompson corner to go south and u turn?

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I have never heard anyone complain about that intersection. I believe it connects to 234 so if it has been busier then usual it should lighten up soon.

The solution is to pay attention to the cars around you.

sm8

Only problem I have ever had with that intersection is people behind me beeping because I did not go when they thought I should. But there has been quite a few accidents there lately and I would say it averages about 2 or 3 a month but mostly minor.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Yup plain and simple- people need to slow down on 5 and wait on Thompson's Corner for traffic to clear! I T-boned someone who pulled out in front of me there 2 years ago. Sent her on helo ride for a 3 day hospital stay in Baltimore. My beagle had to stay over night at the vet and both our cars were totaled. Even though it was not my fault I still pay...

ProudMomma

Yup plain and simple- people need to slow down on 5 and wait on Thompson's Corner for traffic to clear! I T-boned someone who pulled out in front of me there 2 years ago. Sent her on helo ride for a 3 day hospital stay in Baltimore. My beagle had to stay over night at the vet and both our cars were totaled. Even though it was not my fault I still pay...

Wow.......sorry. I can only imagine.

sm8

that sucks!!! I alway's assumed the person who pulled out would of been at fault, not the one going straight.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
that sucks!!! I alway's assumed the person who pulled out would of been at fault, not the one going straight.
he didn't mean he paid for the accident. He's paying in terms of his puppy being hurt etc.

dave1959

Well, there is part of the problem right there....People don't know the speed limit. !!!!!

Its actually 40 mph...