Those cheating Pats...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why...

...not? The Pat's have been in four Super bowls the last seven years and won three. Thing is, besides this past season, they have not been dominant. They've won, yes, but they squeak by, winning all three SB's by a field goal.

Point is, in a game of 'inches' a play, a single play per game, can be the difference between just another good team and a dynasty.

The Patriots whole story is falling apart; we're not just talking about a one time thing and, so far, we don't seem to be talking about something everyone was doing like steroids in baseball.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Wow. this thing is turning into an elephant.

:yeahthat: Glad it at least somehow waited for the season to end, though. So.. the Giants didn't actually beat the best team anymore. I think I'll go reflect on that for a while. :lmao:

Go G-Men

:yeahthat: Glad it at least somehow waited for the season to end, though. So.. the Giants didn't actually beat the best team anymore. I think I'll go reflect on that for a while. :lmao:

The Giants beat the best team at the time.... Of course the Giants are the best team now and we didn't cheat to do it...

Rael

Supper's Ready
...the greatest Superbowl of all time.
I remember at the beginning of the Otter pool all of the speculation we were doing (how the NFC east will shape up, etc.). I never would have thought the Giants would have made it to the SB, no less win it.

I've pretty much watched all of the SuperBowls, and have to agree it was the best one I've seen as well.

edit: I changed my last statement that said (best one I've seen as well, regardless of which team won), because part of the reason it was the best SB is the fact that the Giants' last drive is what won it.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It...

I remember at the beginning of the Otter pool all of the speculation we were doing (how the NFC east will shape up, etc.). I never would have thought the Giants would have made it to the SB, no less win it.

I've pretty much watched all of the SuperBowls, and have to agree it was the best one I've seen as well (regardless of which team won).

...was absolutely white knuckle pretty much every single play. Anyone see the Colts v. The Jets in III?

Rael

Supper's Ready
...was absolutely white knuckle pretty much every single play. Anyone see the Colts v. The Jets in III?

Dang Larry, you quoted me before I got to change my opine! I did see the Colts and Jets game, that one is probably next greatest in my book!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Was it...

Dang Larry, you quoted me before I got to change my opine! I did see the Colts and Jets game, that one is probably next greatest in my book!

...a great game? I've gotten the impression it was kind of a blah played game except for a few good plays here and there.

Rael

Supper's Ready
...a great game? I've gotten the impression it was kind of a blah played game except for a few good plays here and there.
As I recall, the Jets were huge underdogs to the Colts. "Broadway Joe" Namath's charisma and confidence was part of it. Living in the NY area, we always heard the local team news. It wasn't a "come from behind" story though. They were winning the whole game.

I think the whole country thought Broadway Joe's "guaranteed win" statement before the game was inaccurate. but he was right.

Rael

Supper's Ready
I also think the Giants and Bills SB was a great one in '91. It wasn't that the Giants won as much as the Bills lost by missing the field goal. I thought that ranked up there, too.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

I also think the Giants and Bills SB was a great one in '91. It wasn't that the Giants won as much as the Bills lost by missing the field goal. I thought that ranked up there, too.

...but that was also like the second 49ers/Bengals game; great game between acknowledged good teams, but just not the drama of the 18-0 super Pats v. the upstart and maligned G men.

Rael

Supper's Ready
...but that was also like the second 49ers/Bengals game; great game between acknowledged good teams, but just not the drama of the 18-0 super Pats v. the upstart and maligned G men.
Definitely the best one. All I can say is... :yay: :clap::yahoo:

Attachments

• 18 and 1.jpg
    18 and 1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 27