Those "I'm A Veteran" T-shirts

DEEKAYPEE8569

The one's that say, ...I can fix stupid but it's gonna hurt." I have two of them; saw them advertised so I got a couple....a few months ago. Someone else saw them TODAY and said, "You can't wear that, YOU are NOT a Veteran."

Hmmm.....we'll see.....

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

The site that sold the T-shirts had a message board. I had posted that I wanted to be an aviator, but I can't because of my medical history. Somebody posted a reply saying (Paraphrased): "The fact that you want to join the Military to serve your country says a lot." "I say, get the shirt and wear it." So, I got the shirt (x2). Then I catch crap because I never served. I see two good points to the argument. My comment in post #5 stands.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Hell, there's still yahoos out there that don't consider serving in the USCG as being a veteran even though I have a DD-214.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Hell, there's still yahoos out there that don't consider serving in the USCG as being a veteran even though I have a DD-214.
My paternal Graddad served in the USCG. My Dad did a hitch in the USAF, followed by 41 years Civil Service. Then there's me, 29 years Civil Service, no Military experience due to medical exclusion.

Reactions: BOP

black dog

Free America

Waves and Airgirls got 214's too...... Just say'in... I mean answering for a friend.....

Edit.....
You could've chipped paint as a Marine....... :sshrug:

Auntie Biache'

If you have a DD-214, you served and got an honorable discharge. There's a reason the saying goes "been there, got the t-shirt". If you haven't been there...

and sorry, my kid, dad, uncle, sisterfriend-don't cut it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You were in the Coast Guard? Did I know that already and forgot it? I love those guys - they're tough - all of them - even the females.
Funny story. All of my team was granted necessary clearances for a new high-classified project except for stgislander. They sent some Colonel Flagg gestapo type (a female version) to our offices to interview me (his boss) and get some deep background on this obviously sketchy high-risk character. Not far in to said interview..and having a notoriously short fuse for arse-wipes that I do...Col, Flagg popped the "To your knowledge, does [stgislander] have now, or ever had in the past, any association with known terrorist or organizations subversive to the USA"? I averted my eyes...looked down at my desk..put on my most pained expression and said out loud: "Well..yeah..he's a former Coast Guardsman".

I thought Ms. Col. Flagg was gonna come across my desk and rip my tonsils out through my anus. Purple faced: "YOU ARE NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY"

End of interview.:killingme

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I never know what's true with Gilligan or not - he's a good storyteller.
...of course it's a true story! That's the only kind I tell. Why...you can just ask any one of my ex wives... ;-p

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I can't say for sure because I wasn't there. All I know is before that meeting I didn't have my clearance. Not long after that meeting I did. Unfortunately the project was cancelled not long after that.
Hard to believe how many years have passed since then.