Those lovable pits.....

black dog

Free America
I like mine and Black Dog's solution. If they come on your property shoot them. I believe the fine in St. Mary's county is $300.00 for killing someones dog on your property. Well worth it and the cost of one shell.
Its so easy here where I live, if you ask any of the city policemen, asst Chief or Chief of police they will tell you strait forward if you feel emanate danger from a dog within city limits, shoot it. No fine, no hassle, if its a known problem dog, you just might get a high five and a hand shake when you see the Chief at the grocery store.
Its a dog, contrary to some folks beliefs its not a human... The pound and want ads are full of free ones.

MiddleGround

There are certain (breeds) of cars that are considered not road safe and therefore are not allowed on the roads....bad argument.

Your analogy is not accurate. ANY car can be made "non-road worthy" with proper upgrades and modifications. Should we stop allowing people to own German Shepards or Dobermans (sp?) just because some people "modify" their behavior? Ban them all for that??

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Its so easy here where I live, if you ask any of the city policemen, asst Chief or Chief of police they will tell you strait forward if you feel emanate danger from a dog within city limits, shoot it. No fine, no hassle, if its a known problem dog, you just might get a high five and a hand shake when you see the Chief at the grocery store. Its a dog, contrary to some folks beliefs its not a human... The pound and want ads are full of free ones.
I hearken back to the movie "Hook". When asked, at one point, what should be done with the Lost Boys, Hook says, with a dismissive wave of his hand, "Kill them. Kill them all". Would love to see that applied to pit bulls or like pit bully breeds.

PeoplesElbow

Your analogy is not accurate. ANY car can be made "non-road worthy" with proper upgrades and modifications. Should we stop allowing people to own German Shepards or Dobermans (sp?) just because some people "modify" their behavior? Ban them all for that??
Not entirely, but it is a hell of a lot closer than yours was. Nobody was talking about banning all dogs.