Those lovable pits.....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A user named Immortal. 1st and only post and it's gone.
I missed it.

Now, back to dogs. You see that big loveable blockhead over at my sisters? He slobbers all over me when I walk in the house unannounced. :lol:

Clem72

FACT: different dogs breeds have different characteristics. Everybody knows that. You don't even have to be a dog person to be aware that all breeds have specific traits.

So why is it so hard to believe that pitbulls and their hybrids would be aggressive dogs?

Chihuahuas aren't agressive, they just have bad owners!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If it was just the owner and training and not the dog, where are all the cocker spaniel and poodle attacks?

When this topic comes up someone invariably digs up an old article about a baby attacked by a Yorkie. "See?? Pitbulls are no more dangerous than Yorkies!!" I mentally slap those people in the head.

As you said, the data is there. The facts are the facts.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When this topic comes up someone invariably digs up an old article about a baby attacked by a Yorkie. "See?? Pitbulls are no more dangerous than Yorkies!!" I mentally slap those people in the head.

As you said, the data is there. The facts are the facts.
I miss Pixie and Mikey. :lol:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
"...Pitbulls are no more dangerous than Yorkies!!"
More dangerous, yes, because they are the more powerful animal. As with all animals, all dogs have a point at which they can become aggressive and inflict damage. The bigger and stronger ones cause the most damage and therefor garner the most headlines.

black dog

Free America
:lol: Some tough talkers in here.

The same group of people that laugh at the Brady Center's stats on gun violence use their equivalent for dog bite stats as their argument.

Nothing tough about it, any dog that's around me that gets stupid / aggressive and I feel danger is eminent for others or myself.. Pop...Pop....
Problem solved...

Auntie Biache'

Nothing tough about it, any dog that's around me that gets stupid / aggressive and I feel danger is eminent for others or myself.. Pop...Pop....
Problem solved...

This. And I've stood by that. Gilly is no longer with us because he became too unpredictable and aggressive. He has a lovely grave in the back yard. We miss him more than I can say, but there is no way I'm gong to be responsible for the damage he could have done.

Chris0nllyn

As you said, the data is there.
No it's not.

More dangerous, yes, because they are the more powerful animal. As with all animals, all dogs have a point at which they can become aggressive and inflict damage. The bigger and stronger ones cause the most damage and therefor garner the most headlines.

Fun fact, German Shepards and Rottweilers have a higher bite force than an American PBT.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
And my St Bernard/Great Pyreness mix even more than those, but in 10 yrs she has never even attempted to bite anyone, and never will. And she is my best guard dog. She hears everything, and when you hear her deep bark, you are not gonna trust her not to bite, you're leaving.

First time she barked, she scared HERSELF half to death. :jameo: 🤣

littlelady

God bless the USA
Suppose you can't find the owner? I had 2 pit bulls come up at night and attack my shepard mix laying on my deck. It was a helpless feeling seeing them trying to get your dog down. He was huge and fighting them. One was attacking and the other one was stalking in circles. It was a miracle 2 of them couldn't pull him down. The other miracle was somehow when I kept screaming his name and he managed to break loose enough to get to the door and I could grab his head and drag him in, terrified they were going to come after me. One hand grabbing my dog and the other hand holding an axe. I never saw them before and I never saw them again. My poor dog was so tore up and it took him weeks to heal. He wouldn't even go out to do his business unless I was with him. I guess they were the minority of the breed but I'll NEVER trust one around again.

How awful! So glad your beloved dog recovered from that attack. Wow. :huggy:

stgislander

PREMO Member
The only time I've seen our rescued female GR mix be aggressive is when she is in a vehicle. The last time we were back home and she was playing in the yard with my niece and nephew. She climbed into the backseat as we were getting ready to leave. When the kids reached into the car to pet her goodbye and she growled at them.

Attachments

• yoda.JPG
    yoda.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 64