Thought for the Day...

meme

The Smart Hooker
Pegster710 said:
With the price of gas going up and up and up, the purchase of a locking gas cap may be a smart move...

:peace:

Funny you mentioned this. My next door neighbor told me a few days ago that he filled his truck up with gas on his way home from work. When he got in his truck to go to work the next day it was empty.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I got one for each car a couple months back when someone siphoned a fresh tank of gas from the Jeep.

We have been thinking of one also. I like the lights around the house the light up when there is movement, we have one the shines on the cars and with the trees it is on most of the time, but keeps thiefs at bay or seems to. If it doesn't I have no qualms about letting my doberman and rottie have a take at them.

Pegster710

The Pegster
appyday said:
Peg you picking me up for lunch tomorrow...:nomoney:

Nobody gave me the lunch info yet... :bawl:

But if you get me the details on this "Super Secret Forum Lunch", I'd be happy to come get you! I don't know how you'll get home, though... :confused:

K

Katie

Hmm...

That is a thought. P and I will both get one for our vehicles.

willie

meme said:
Funny you mentioned this. My next door neighbor told me a few days ago that he filled his truck up with gas on his way home from work. When he got in his truck to go to work the next day it was empty.
That doesn't sound like "the happiest farkin place on earth".

meme

The Smart Hooker
willie said:
That doesn't sound like "the happiest farkin place on earth".

I'm not sure if I'm buying his story. My husband and him have the exact truck (same year and model.) Why would they single out his car. We both have sensor lights and if anyone was near his vehicles or mine the whole place would light up. It could have happend, just sounds a bit strange to me.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
Filler neck restrictor?

I seem to remember from the gas crisis driven by the oil embargo of the early 70s there was a rash of siphoning incidents but it was either the manufacturers or some third-party suppliers made a spring loaded restrictor to go into the filler neck and made it nearly impossible to get a siphon hose down into the tank. However, now that I think more about it, that was before the installation of the plate that only accepted the smaller nozzle of the unleaded pumps. Don't know if they may still be available or even feasible for today's cars and trucks. I may be suffering from that dreaded disease, CRAFT, that happens to those of us that are more that a little way down the path toward geezerhood. :confused:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
So if someone wants to steal your gas and you have a locking gas cap, how bad can they jack up your sh!t if they want it bad enough?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
So if someone wants to steal your gas and you have a locking gas cap, how bad can they jack up your sh!t if they want it bad enough?
Hopefully they'll move on to the next car that doesn't have one.

How do you go about getting one of those, and how much do they cost? Our Civic gas door thing has to be opened from the inside (a little lever which can be locked with the ignition key), but the XTerra and Dakota just open right up. I don't want to pay $60 to fill up somebody else's hoopty.