Thoughts on the Princess Diana Letter?

B

Bruzilla

I've been following the story about the alledged letter that Princess Diana gave her butler that says Charles was planning on "...'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury ... to make the path clear for him to marry."

My first thought was "who, but someone in the movies, tampers with brakes to cause an accident?" Has no one heard of the emergency brake, which can stop a car almost as effectively as the regular brakes? Or heard that there's no way to tamper with brakes that won't be discovered in this day and age?

If someone wants to kill someone in a car accident, they don't do it infront of a huge crowd of people and where ever Diana went there was always a large crowd of people. Also, Paris is a pretty flat place... not winding, twisting, roads, so who would think that tampering with brakes would be a sure-fire way to meet your objectives?

For the fatal accident to have been staged would have required such a combination of luck, circumstances, and planning that I see no way that anyone could have staged it. I think that either the letter is bogus (the butler did it) or just a bit of paranoia on Diana's part.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Bruzilla
(the butler did it)

:lol: Seriously though, I think the letter is probably a fake, the butler has been making money here and there selling stories and memorabilia since her death. I think he's a shady guy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Princess Di was such a flake that my vote goes to "paranoia" and the butler is now capitalizing on it.

I love a good conspiracy but it's too obvious what happened: she was being pursued by the media, the driver tried to ditch them, he lost control in the tunnel, bam. End of story.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I could imagine Diana faking her own death just to get away from the Fleet Street vermin, but I doubt she actually did it.

I've read some outlandish conspiracy theories about the royals engineering the deaths of Diana and Dodi. Allegedly, they cringed at the thought of Diana and Dodi's half-English, half-Arab progeny making a claim on the English throne.

Oh, please. The Windsors have been a joke for the past 50 years or so, like an English version of "Dallas." Prince Charles looks like someone in the royal family knew someone in the royal family. Princess Margaret was a skank on wheels. The Queen treated both daughters-in-law like dirt.