Thursdays Restaurant in Owings

CTSP04

A couple of us wanted to find a place today to watch the game. We haven't been here before. Is it any good?

RPMDAD

When it was at the Beach it used to be pretty good, have not been since they moved to Owings. Sad thing is they haven't even updated their website, still shows them in North Beach.

Thursday's Bar and Grill

calvcopf

So, is the Owings location better than the North Beach location was? I liked the outside patio area that they had in North Beach, but the building would often flood and was in bad shape.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
If you define "often flood" as 2 times in 15 years during hurricanes or tropical storms then it flooded "often".

The building was not owned by the Thursday's owner.

As it was, Dave had the opportunity to buy the property in Owings, after offering to buy the North Beach building numerous times over the years, so he bought it.

The owner of the North Beach property has this wet dream of demo'ing the entire block and building a rooftop restaurant and condo complex. Don't hold your breath.

The owners of the Mexico restaurant in Dunkirk are opening in the Thursday's building in North Beach sometime between now and November. They ran into permitting issues ("forgot" to get them) with Calvert County while remodeling so that's slowed them down.

Last edited:

calvcopf

If you define "often flood" as 2 times in 15 years during hurricanes or tropical storms then it flooded "often".

The building was not owned by the Thursday's owner and the landlord/owner is notorius for not maintaining his properties.

As it was, Dave had the opportunity to buy the property in Owings, after offering to buy the North Beach building numerous times over the years, so he bought it.

The owner of the North Beach property has this wet dream of demo'ing the entire block and building a rooftop restaurant and condo complex. Don't hold your breath.

The owners of the Mexico restaurant in Dunkirk are opening in the Thursday's building in North Beach sometime between now and November. They ran into permitting issues ("forgot" to get them) with Calvert County while remodeling so that's slowed them down.

No, by often flood I mean that during a heavy rain, water would enter the building. This is why they dug a hole in the lot behind the building and put a sub-pump in the ground with an extension cord running to it.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Think NorthBeachPerso got confused. Mexico restaurant is in Huntingtown, not Dunkirk.

I did.

As to the Owings Thursdays. I think they went through some opening/relocation pains from what a couple people told me but things have since smoothed out. The main issue now is being able to open the entire restaurant part. Calvert County Health Department has limited the seating due to septic issues.