Tie a Yellow Ribbon on the 'ole...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Horse's BUM :biggrin:

With more of us attending group rides, I thought I'd post a reminder provided by Jessica Jahiel of what those ribbons mean:

RED RIBBON: THIS HORSE KICKS or MAY KICK - GIVE THIS HORSE PLENTY OF ROOM AND WARNING, DON'T APPROACH IT TOO QUICKLY, PASS WIDE AND SLOW AND STAY WELL OUT OF ITS KICK ZONE

GREEN RIBBON: THIS IS A GREEN HORSE, AND GREEN HORSES ARE INEXPERIENCED AND THEREFORE UNPREDICTABLE, SO DON'T APPROACH THIS HORSE TOO QUICKLY, GIVE IT A WIDE BERTH

YELLOW OR WHITE RIBBON: THIS IS A STALLION

And DON'T take it for granted that everyone knows this information. Be prepared to answer any questions, and give gentle reminders if necessary.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

With more of us attending group rides, I thought I'd post a reminder provided by Jessica Jahiel of what those ribbons mean:

RED RIBBON: THIS HORSE KICKS or MAY KICK - GIVE THIS HORSE PLENTY OF ROOM AND WARNING, DON'T APPROACH IT TOO QUICKLY, PASS WIDE AND SLOW AND STAY WELL OUT OF ITS KICK ZONE

GREEN RIBBON: THIS IS A GREEN HORSE, AND GREEN HORSES ARE INEXPERIENCED AND THEREFORE UNPREDICTABLE, SO DON'T APPROACH THIS HORSE TOO QUICKLY, GIVE IT A WIDE BERTH

And DON'T take it for granted that everyone knows this information. Be prepared to answer any questions, and give gentle reminders if necessary.

I never knew about Green or Yellow and white...:lmao:

Loper

Animal Poor!
I want to know if you can make peeps wear colored ribbons as well... :whistle:

green for I can't control my horse
blue for I'm an inconsiderate trail rider
red for I'm going to kick my horse and make it fly past you

:buddies:

devinej

aww i thought this was gonna be about soldiers coming home

I LOVE the ribbon ideas for the riders Loper

i think we should add purple for the slow pokes :whistle:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Loper those are great additions to the list!!! :killingme:killingme:killingme

Robin

You could always add this "color chart" to the paperwork of the trail ride information and provide some ribbons of color at the booth for the "What ifs" esp some that dont know about the colors. I only knew about the red for kickers.

ElliesMom

Hey I ride a slug, but am always happy to let people by.

I like the idea of ribbons, my friend and I were talking about that actually!

I love green for the green beans!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
You could always add this "color chart" to the paperwork of the trail ride information and provide some ribbons of color at the booth for the "What ifs" esp some that dont know about the colors. I only knew about the red for kickers.
This is good idea...Happy, bring this up at the next meeting:cheesy:

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!

OR
Pink could be I CAN control my horse BUT choose not to..:lmao:
And then of course Rainbow for someone who is a little bit of everything...:lmao:

Last edited:

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
I was talking this over with my Bf and he said that the horses with problems and such should be flagged with a red ribbon... I agree 2 because no one will know what the different ribbons mean.... If a horse is flagged red stay away cuz they either kick or something else is wrong with them... it will make it ALOT easier