Tiger Woods involved in Los Angeles car crash, first-responders needed 'jaws of life' to remove him

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Heard that they are operating on his legs, hope it isn't too severe. And he had recently undergone back surgery, hope he wasn't into the opioids again.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Heard that they are operating on his legs, hope it isn't too severe. And he had recently undergone back surgery, hope he wasn't into the opioids again.

My first thought... 5 back surgeries previously and they said both his legs are reported broken now but nothing life threatening.

Grumpy

And I the only one that seriously doesn't give a flying fu@k?

I never cared for Tiger that much, saw a few temper tantrums and I was immediately turned off...But, his talent was undeniable and his refuse-to-lose makeup was intimidating. The most interesting thing about Tiger was the media. The overwhelming idolatry when he first burst onto the scene and then the glee with which the media went after him when he showed that he was human.

blacklabman

Went to watch The 5 with a hot cup of tea. 41 minutes into it and it has been all about Tiger Woods.
Am I the only one that seriously doesn't give a flying fu@k?
Guess I'll watch Tucker that I recorded last night.
I agree with you. It appears his actions (speeding) were the cause, so the heck with him. I dislike all celebrities, sports or show biz. My fallback recordings are "The Big Bang Theory".

Ken King

PREMO Member
It appears his actions (speeding) were the cause
Or it is just a dangerous stretch of road. Listening to a report this morning there is a runaway vehicle off-ramp near that accident scene, apparently it is severely downhill in the area and also there have been numerous accidents near there. Additionally reported was that impairment from drugs or alcohol were not a factor.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I wish no ill will on Tiger. But the guy has been a public disaster from almost day-one of him entering the PGA. Yeah, he's a great golfer. But, this fawning over him really makes me nauseous. They guy abused his ex-wife. He's had a DUI. He was addicted to pain killers. He had a temper and lack of discipline on the course that was embarrassing to watch; especially after being told how his dad supposedly worked on his discipline when training him.

Now, he destroys a loaner car, allegedly worth over $100k, speeding across a dangerous curved road on CA, and all people can do is talk about what a great guy guy is. He could have killed someone else with the way he lost control of that car.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Or it is just a dangerous stretch of road. Listening to a report this morning there is a runaway vehicle off-ramp near that accident scene, apparently it is severely downhill in the area and also there have been numerous accidents near there. Additionally reported was that impairment from drugs or alcohol were not a factor.

So, it's the road's fault. :rolleyes:

The vehicle allegedly traveled about 500 feet when it lost control. That's about 1.5 football fields. Dangerous roads become exponentially more dangerous when the driver is speeding.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Went to watch The 5 with a hot cup of tea. 41 minutes into it and it has been all about Tiger Woods.
Am I the only one that seriously doesn't give a flying fu@k?
Guess I'll watch Tucker that I recorded last night.

Well, I give a flying #### from that standpoint that I don't wish Tiger serious harm that would destroy his future career. I kind of feel that was destroyed by overplaying his swing anyway, but he was still a great player.

But, like I said in my other post... with all the shenanigans Tiger got himself into, I don't get all the fawning over him.

Ken King

PREMO Member
So, it's the road's fault. :rolleyes:

The vehicle allegedly traveled about 500 feet when it lost control. That's about 1.5 football fields. Dangerous roads become exponentially more dangerous when the driver is speeding.
Did I say that? Don't think I did. I simply stated that it is a dangerous stretch of road with a runaway ramp (which is what the officer said during the report I watched). Are you going full easyliving or something? You would think some military member had taken a picture of themself holding a baby swaddled in the flag and posted it online or something.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Did I say that? Don't think I did. I simply stated that it is a dangerous stretch of road with a runaway ramp (which is what the officer said during the report I watched). Are you going full easyliving or something? You would think some military member had taken a picture of themself holding a baby swaddled in the flag and posted it online or something.

What you didn't say is that it was completely Tiger's fault for that crash. So... :sshrug:

I have no clue what you're talking about with your "military member" comment, except you seem a bit triggered and can't think of anything else to say to express that cogently.

Ken King

PREMO Member
What you didn't say is that it was completely Tiger's fault for that crash. So... :sshrug:

I have no clue what you're talking about with your "military member" comment, except you seem a bit triggered and can't think of anything else to say to express that cogently.
The accident might well be completely his fault and you are right I didn't say it was or wasn't, do you know exactly what happened without being an actual witness? I paraphrased what a local officer that was on the scene had said during a news report - that it was a dangerous road.

You having no clue is right or your memory simply sucks. To refresh your memory search for a thread titled - "People will bitch about anything", seems appropriate for here.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The accident might well be completely his fault and you are right I didn't say it was or wasn't, do you know exactly what happened without being an actual witness? I paraphrased what a local officer that was on the scene had said during a news report - that it was a dangerous road.

You having no clue is right or your memory simply sucks. To refresh your memory search for a thread titled - "People will bitch about anything", seems appropriate for here.

Well, if calling out Tiger for being walking disaster, from a public relations standpoint, is bitching about anything, then I guess I bitch about anything. :bigwhoop:

I'm fed up with all the slobbering over Tiger. The media spent hours of uninterrupted coverage of the damn accident.

There is enough information out there to show that he was driving too fast, on a dangerous road. A road is only dangerous when you make it dangerous. He's lucky he didn't head-on with another car and kill someone.

No charges? Just like with Bruce Springstein, wealth and popularity gets you off the hook. Given Tiger's lack of learning from his past mistakes, the only lesson he's likely to take away from this is how easy it is to destroy a $100k+ loaner SUV and shatter his legs.

No charges? Tiger Woods was 'agitated and impatient and almost hit another car as he sped out of five-star resort'.

Spare me your indignation about what I do and don't bitch about. While I'm bitching about issues and current events, you're bitching about me. He should be charged with reckless driving, at a minimum. But because he's the "G.O.A.T." and changed golf forever...

Last edited: