Tik Toc...I dont get it

nobody really

I need a nap
so my newly divorced 100lbs lighter neighbor recently separated from her rich dr husband. here i was starting to get a little jealous of what i thought was a very active social life (different guy every few weeks, not that thats enviable, but i was kinda like, where do u find time??). my other neighbor said to check out the videos "kimmieinmd" is posting on tic tok. I didnt even have the app. bored at work yesterday i downloaded it and checked her out. its almost sad, so many videos of her. some she looks ok in. others she looks like someone who had a weight problem all her life and now at 58 shes clearly not lacking in self esteem. so im gloating lol, what i thought was an active social life was really a sad woman making videos in her basement probably helping every pervert j/o...but i dont get tik toc. is it another fb, with even more narcissists? then another friend said check out a mutual friend of ours on tic tok. crazy.

Lump

I downloaded the app so that I could see what all it was about. Most of it is trash, however, I will admit, the cleaning hacks are pretty helpful. I keep to cleaning, cooking, stuff like that. So to me, it's kind of like Video version of Pinterest.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I downloaded the app so that I could see what all it was about. Most of it is trash, however, I will admit, the cleaning hacks are pretty helpful. I keep to cleaning, cooking, stuff like that. So to me, it's kind of like Video version of Pinterest.
same here. I like my usual stuff: gardening, cooking, old houses, DIY projects, cleaning, mom stuff, etc. Some people are just showing off their accomplishments in these categories, some are tutorials, etc. There's a lot of funny "skits" and interactions people post on there, almost like a video verison of Reddit too.

and yes, there's plenty of trash on it too. The more you watch and like things, the more fine-tuned your "For You Page" gets, and the more stuff you don't like is weeded out.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
She looks really familiar.

I gotta say, though, that she looks like she's having fun, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
so my newly divorced 100lbs lighter neighbor recently separated from her rich dr husband. here i was starting to get a little jealous of what i thought was a very active social life (different guy every few weeks, not that thats enviable, but i was kinda like, where do u find time??). my other neighbor said to check out the videos "kimmieinmd" is posting on tic tok. I didnt even have the app. bored at work yesterday i downloaded it and checked her out. its almost sad, so many videos of her. some she looks ok in. others she looks like someone who had a weight problem all her life and now at 58 shes clearly not lacking in self esteem. so im gloating lol, what i thought was an active social life was really a sad woman making videos in her basement probably helping every pervert j/o...but i dont get tik toc. is it another fb, with even more narcissists? then another friend said check out a mutual friend of ours on tic tok. crazy.

Hey girl! :howdy:

I'm social media-ed out. I have FB to keep up with friends and family, and Somd Forums to have discussions and chitty chat. I'm not the person who has to constantly be posting selfies and vids of myself to get "likes" from strangers, so Twitter/TikTok/whatever aren't something I'm interested in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I gotta say, though, that she looks like she's having fun, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

How much fun can it be making vids of yourself to post on the internet for strangers? She looks narcissistic and sad to me, like she needs to unwrap herself from her own axle and get a real life.

Also, that's the first time I've ever seen TikTok - how is it different from Instagram, which I also think is stupid?

Some people need coffee some need alcohol some need constant reassurance and attention. We all have a crutch :yay:

warneckutz

Some people need coffee some need alcohol some need constant reassurance and attention. We all have a crutch :yay:
3e1ush.jpg

nobody really

I need a nap
Hey girl! :howdy:

I'm social media-ed out. I have FB to keep up with friends and family, and Somd Forums to have discussions and chitty chat. I'm not the person who has to constantly be posting selfies and vids of myself to get "likes" from strangers, so Twitter/TikTok/whatever aren't something I'm interested in.
hi there! yeah, im kinda over social media. i come on here for real news 🤪

nobody really

I need a nap

she was married to a dr. epstein in annapolis. yeah, cant hold having some fun against her. i guess i just think its weird and creepy, but yeah, everyone has a crutch

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
hhh
How much fun can it be making vids of yourself to post on the internet for strangers? She looks narcissistic and sad to me, like she needs to unwrap herself from her own axle and get a real life.

Also, that's the first time I've ever seen TikTok - how is it different from Instagram, which I also think is stupid?
I guess I am (sorta?) impressed with her ability to just do it, because I know my insecurities and fear prevent me from doing anything like that. Not that I WANT to prance around on camera, but even if I did, my fear wouldn't allow me to.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I need you. :huggy:

I need you
Like the flower needs the rain
You know, I need you
Guess I'll start it all again
You know, I need you
Like the winter needs the spring
You know, I need you
I need you