Tim the farrier?

Sparks

Anybody seen or heard from Tim Hamilton this week?
A friend of mine is desperately trying to get in touch with him.

THANKS! :buddies:

spellbound

It's a shame he won't return phone calls. I ran across his business card the other day and I was planning on posting about him since people are always looking for farriers.

Robin

It's a shame he won't return phone calls. I ran across his business card the other day and I was planning on posting about him since people are always looking for farriers.

Tim has been farriering for a couple years. He just finished a 3 month farrier school that could have been the reason, he hasn't called. been outta town?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Tim has been farriering for a couple years. He just finished a 3 month farrier school that could have been the reason, he hasn't called. been outta town?
:confused:
I've been using him for 4 years and I'm pretty sure he had already been to farrier school when i started using him. If he did go to school again, must have been for continuing education. He's been to my place like clockwork every 8 weeks give or take for 4 years.

OIC...you dug up my "New Farrier in town" thread from 2005. :lol:

Last edited:

Robin

:confused:
I've been using him for 4 years and I'm pretty sure he had already been to farrier school when i started using him. If he did go to school again, must have been for continuing education. He's been to my place like clockwork every 8 weeks give or take for 4 years.

Does it matter? If you are happy with him and his work if he shows up and does you right by your horses? I give him alot of credit furthering his trade. Farrier work is hard work. Big Big kudos to him. I hope he stays around for a long time.

Robin

Most farriers start out by appreticeing (SP) with another farrier. Like Jay Horton I would make sure I talk to them to find out what qualifies them to put a nail through the hoof of my horse before I let them touch my horse first.

I Think they should go to school first and learn the anatomy of the hoof. too many things could go wrong without learning how much they could injure a horse if they just make the hoof look pretty and not go with the conformation of the foot.