Time for Chic-fila

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Even though Chic-Fil-A is a chain, it is a family owned business that promotes Christian values. You can't just walk in, plop your money down and buy a franchise. You have to hold up to the Cathy's standards or you do not get to be a franchise "operator".

They are a Georgia based restaurant and I've known my entire life that Chic-Fil-A is a Christian business. Home Depot used to be as well, but that's a different story.

From Chic-Fil-A's statement of corporate purpose aka mission statement:
"to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

And it is a damn shame that the gay rights groups want to fight about it.

koan00

From Chic-Fil-A's statement of corporate purpose aka mission statement:
"to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."
I don't think gay people would consider their contact with Chick-fil-A a "positive influence". I think they are right for holding Chick-fil-A up to their own standard.

bcp

In My Opinion
I dont see any reason to boycott them anymore than I would boycott a store that contributes to gay things.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
People are well within their rights to patronize/not patronize whomever they damn well please. If you like/dislike a company's political positions no one will force you to shop/not shop there.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I don't think gay people would consider their contact with Chick-fil-A a "positive influence". I think they are right for holding Chick-fil-A up to their own standard.

Seriously? :confused: This gay rights group isn't saying they weren't served or were treated badly. They are pissed off because a donation of food was made to a pro-marriage church group.

Basically what this lawsuit is about is getting free food, and anybody who hasn't received free food from Chik-fil-a should feel it is their right to sue. That is BS.

Anybody who wants to make a donation should be able to do so, regardless as to whether you agree with the donation or not.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Chic Fila has always supported more kids events than any other franchise I know. I would support any restaurant that has the guts to buck the system and close on Sundays, support families AND serve good food.
Count me in...

The owners of the franchise in Salisbury, Md would deliver healthy/nutritious meals to the local schools. I don't know if it was a donation or if they were paid for it. I never asked, but they were always doing something for the community.

I think it's nice they close on Sundays so employees can spend time with family, etc. I love ChickFilet! For one thing, the employees who work there are always courteous, prompt, etc. and the food is good. Those huge platters of nuggets are awesome for take out (Football munchies!) And the milkshakes are soooo yummy..Did I say, I love ChickFilet? :buddies:

On the Eastern Shore (and maybe here, not sure) the children who read a certain amount, got certain grades, etc...would get a coupon for a free sandwich.

It's a top notch company and if I still had the stamina I would want to get a franchise.

Toxick

Splat
The gay people should walk up to the counter and place an order.

Then after the chic fillet cashier has rang it up and asks for the money, they should say, "oh wait, I forgot, you don't like gay people here," and walk out.

:popcorn:

That should teach the cashier a good lesson!

Most cashiers have pull, when it comes to the behavior of corporate.

glhs837

Power with Control
I must have bumped into you guys! I was stationed at Moffet 1988 to 1991. Was there during the Bay area quake of '89. Beat the Loma Prieta quake by a couple of hours on the way to Alameda from San Diego.

I was in Hangar 2, signing off some MAFs with the shop supervisor. Man, we RAN for the window, that guy stopped to pull the curtain aside to see if the window was open, me, I wasnt even worried about a little thing like a window, Superman mode it was for me, right out of there.

Nothing like being in a building like this during a shake...

A Field Trip To NASA Ames/Moffett Field Hangar 2 interior – funraniumlabs.com

to get the ol' blood pumping. About a week before, a timber from the roof had fallen due to dry rot, and punched into an aircraft's wing tank. For scale, that hangar was home to four squadrons, and each squadron had room to park four of its P-3s inside, with room to drive a 2 1/2 ton liftbed truck down the center.

koan00

Seriously? :confused: This gay rights group isn't saying they weren't served or were treated badly. They are pissed off because a donation of food was made to a pro-marriage church group.

Basically what this lawsuit is about is getting free food, and anybody who hasn't received free food from Chik-fil-a should feel it is their right to sue. That is BS.

Anybody who wants to make a donation should be able to do so, regardless as to whether you agree with the donation or not.
The lawsuit it just a small portion of what is being said about Chic-fil-a. If you read some of the sites linked to in the article, they mention that their charitable foudnation was linked too all sort of other stuff.

I guess the point is moot though, I see Dan Kathy wrote this: Dan Cathy, President and COO of Chick-fil-A, Clarifies Recent News Coverage -- ATLANTA, Jan. 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

"Chick-fil-A's Corporate Purpose is "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us, and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." As a result, we will not champion any political agendas on marriage and family."

islandgrl

It's a damn shame these groups want to be respected for their views & they can't extend the same courtesies they expect to other groups.
My family owns several Chick-Fil-A's & the company is based off of Christian principles. I respect everyone's right to believe whatever they choose to believe but I expect the same in return! You won't see me holding a sign boycotting a place that donates to gay right causes because it is their right to do so just like it's the owner of that Chick-Fil- A's right to donate food to a pro family group.

Vince

It's a damn shame these groups want to be respected for their views & they can't extend the same courtesies they expect to other groups.
My family owns several Chick-Fil-A's & the company is based off of Christian principles. I respect everyone's right to believe whatever they choose to believe but I expect the same in return! You won't see me holding a sign boycotting a place that donates to gay right causes because it is their right to do so just like it's the owner of that Chick-Fil- A's right to donate food to a pro family group.
:yay:

puggymom

I am a strong supporter of gay rights but there are some places I just cannot boycott. Anyone with kids knows what fast food chain has the cleanest most sanitary play place...yep Chick Fil A. And then there was the Target boycott. Sorry I am just too weak :ohwell:

Edited to change placeplace to play place.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Chick-Fil-A is family oriented.

They have the best fast food out there (JMO) and we should probably leave it at that.

Most units are franchises. It is nice that they get Sunday's off to spend with the family.

concur and will add, typically an owner has only one franchise and must work in that franchise - no absentee owners.
The are very family values oriented and they tend to impose those values when they select a franchisee - some have complained.
But they also support community / nonprofit organizations, the scouts, church groups, PTAs (schools). They are more then happy to work with your group on a "spirit" night (I think that's what they call it).

Oh, and I do like their chicken and diet lemonade. So tired of the only sugar free beverage being water of cola.

glhs837

Power with Control
I am a strong supporter of gay rights but there are some places I just cannot boycott. Anyone with kids knows what fast food chain has the cleanest most sanitary placeplace...yep Chick Fil A. And then there was the Target boycott. Sorry I am just too weak :ohwell:

While eating breakfast there the other day, three times we were asked if there was anything else we needed. And then they offered to take away the trash for us. :otter: bowl me over:)