Time for Chic-fila

puggymom

While eating breakfast there the other day, three times we were asked if there was anything else we needed. And then they offered to take away the trash for us. :otter: bowl me over:)
Another good point. Especially in the colder months I will take my kids there and they will play for like an hour after we eat. I try and sit close to the play area to keep an eye on them so I hate getting up to get refill and whatnot. They always come and ask.

Floyd2004

-Void-
Another good point. Especially in the colder months I will take my kids there and they will play for like an hour after we eat. I try and sit close to the play area to keep an eye on them so I hate getting up to get refill and whatnot. They always come and ask.

Id like to see them do that at McD's :killingme

Star_Rider

The right just seems to get this stuff wrong on purpose.
It is not pro family to be anti gay marriage. That's like claiming to be pro baseball by being against football.

Pro family is pro family. Anti gay marriage is anti gay marriage. I suppose there honestly are people who, in their mind, the outlawing of gay marriage contributes to stronger hetero marriage and parenting. Like some gay people are gonna go to get married to one another, find out they can't, decide to then be straight, go find someone to get married to, have a great marriage and be great parents and go get some chicken sammitches.

I guess.
Hate to disagree but, from the Christian perspective which Chic-fila represents, being a family is defined as a man married to a woman with or without children. A gay "family" cannot exist. If you are pro-family you are therefore anti-gay marriage.

I do understand that you're saying a gay family is a family however, from a Christian perspective they are mutually exclusive. I also know that not all Christians agree with that perspective but it is the perspective that most Christians I know and Chic-fila follow.

I also would not say outlawing gay marriage would strenghten the hetero marriage. But allowing gay marriage would weaken it.

Star_Rider

BOP, only one warning, those things are damn good. My standard is the ones off the "Roach Coach" that cruised the hangars at Moffett Field in the 80s.Peppers, egg, your choice of chicken or sausage. Damn good thing they are out of the way on my morning commute. For my waistline, anyway:)
I reported to VP-31 in October 85 for DIFAR school and left in July 86.
I LOVED those burritos :drool:
Lemoore had a pretty good roach coach but I've never ran into another one that could compare to Moffett's

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Chic-Fila should be allowed to support whatever the hell they want just so long as they don't openly disrespect or oppose anyone elses view. Which is clear they have not. F'em... :coffee:

glhs837

Power with Control
Lemoore had a pretty good roach coach but I've never ran into another one that could compare to Moffett's

Only did me wrong once, I made the mistake of wolfing one down before checking with the pilots of the pilot trainer I was aft observer on that day. "Emergency Descent" practice, while normally fun, was NOT very cool. Thought I was going to choke to death heaving in the back trash can, seeing as the nearest help was 60 feet away in the cockpit. Not fun.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Hate to disagree but, from the Christian perspective which Chic-fila represents, being a family is defined as a man married to a woman with or without children. A gay "family" cannot exist. If you are pro-family you are therefore anti-gay marriage.

I do understand that you're saying a gay family is a family however, from a Christian perspective they are mutually exclusive. I also know that not all Christians agree with that perspective but it is the perspective that most Christians I know and Chic-fila follow.

I also would not say outlawing gay marriage would strenghten the hetero marriage. But allowing gay marriage would weaken it.
Got to disagree with you, several christian sects have no issue with homosexuality making yours a false statement. Anglican and Lutherans have went so far as to having gays in senior leadership positions within their faiths.

smilin

BOXER NATION
It's a damn shame these groups want to be respected for their views & they can't extend the same courtesies they expect to other groups.
My family owns several Chick-Fil-A's & the company is based off of Christian principles. I respect everyone's right to believe whatever they choose to believe but I expect the same in return! You won't see me holding a sign boycotting a place that donates to gay right causes because it is their right to do so just like it's the owner of that Chick-Fil- A's right to donate food to a pro family group.

:yahoo:

It seems this is a no brainer, on one side you have a political ideal, on the other action and follow through on the idea that families matter.
I have seen Chic Fila sponsored events almost everywhere there are families. Even the world ranked Town Creek Triathalon had coupons :killingme:
The gay rights organizers are in the media as a vocal (very) minority demanding their views be adhered to. Really? :bigwhoop:

Annoying_Boy

:yahoo:

It seems this is a no brainer, on one side you have a political ideal, on the other action and follow through on the idea that families matter.
I have seen Chic Fila sponsored events almost everywhere there are families. Even the world ranked Town Creek Triathalon had coupons :killingme:
The gay rights organizers are in the media as a vocal (very) minority demanding their views be adhered to. Really? :bigwhoop:

I like those abortion protesting eff-tards that are allowed to march in our County Fair Parade each year. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the supposed purpose of the fair.

I don't go there anymore either.

:popcorn:

foodcritic

Got to disagree with you, several christian sects have no issue with homosexuality making yours a false statement. Anglican and Lutherans have went so far as to having gays in senior leadership positions within their faiths.

I would tell them to go read the Bible.

These pro gay-marriage groups aren't really fighting for marriage. Most people these days don't even believe in marriage (sad state of affairs in our country but that is for another post) They are fighting for political power. That's all it is POWER!!!! The more they can have the happier they are.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

These pro gay-marriage groups aren't really fighting for marriage. Most people these days don't even believe in marriage (sad state of affairs in our country but that is for another post) They are fighting for political power. That's all it is POWER!!!! The more they can have the happier they are.
I'm pretty sure the Anglicans and Lutherans have read the Bible a time or two.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

How does allowing gaying gays to marry give any group more political power?

Star_Rider

I don't disagree with you. You may want to read my post a little closer though.

I also would not say outlawing gay marriage would strengthen the hetero marriage. But allowing gay marriage would weaken it.
I clearly stated that there are Christians who do not agree with that perspective and did not make a false statement. IMO the bible clearly condemns homosexuality. There are those who feel the passages that condemn homosexuality only condemn lust and not the "love" shared between two homosexuals. Again I disagree with that perspective.

Last edited:

BOP

Pt Mugu had/has a pretty good one...one of the better ones, actually.

Imperial Beach had a bowling alley on base that served deep fried burritos with refried beans. 35 years later, the memory is still there.

Along with the cholesterol.

Star_Rider

Pt Mugu had/has a pretty good one...one of the better ones, actually.

Imperial Beach had a bowling alley on base that served deep fried burritos with refried beans. 35 years later, the memory is still there.

Along with the cholesterol.
Never stationed at Pt Mugu and only shopped at the Commissary in IB. North Island bowling alley did have some awesome Lumpia and Pancit, ALMOST as good as the monkey meat in Olongapo :dude:

This thread is starting to make me hungry!!